1. The aftermath

A few weeks after the end of season one...

Imogen's POV

"I'm glad she's doing well, I know she is in the best of hands." I tell Aria who I'm on the phone with right now. "Don't worry Ezra and I are taking good care of her and I promise to call you every now and then and give you updates." Aria tells me as my baby starts crying in the background. "Oh I'm sorry, guess little Davie woke up from her nap, how about I call you every sunday and give a little update on her and maybe send you some pictures?" Aria asks me.

I gotta say at the beginning I had mixed feelings about giving my child away, but Ezra and Aria proved themselves as amazing parents and I'm starting to feel more confident about my desicion. "Yes that sounds perfect, thank you Aria, really I mean it." I say. "Don't thank me Imogen, we are so grateful for the little one, it's the least we can do. I'll call you next week, okay?" She says while she's also whispering soothing words to Davie. I named her after my mom so a part of her can continue living and she won't be forgotten. "Yeah, I'd love that, bye." We say our goodbyes and hang up.

After I gave them Davie we decided that I get to be a part of Davie's life as best as possible and I love that, it seems like the best solution. I don't think I would be capable of taking care of a child as so many other things are happening right now.

Like the three deaths at christmas.

Morning after Christmas

I woke up to the sound of my baby crying but when I got downstairs I saw that Sidney is already cradling her in her arms. "Oh I'm sorry, I was hoping I could calm her down before you wake up." She said as Tabby stumbled down the stairs. "Good morning." she mumbled before sitting down at the kitchen table. "Good Morning and thank you, but I'll take her. She is probably as nervous to meet her potential new parents today." I said as I took Davie from Sidney. "Maybe but I think you're doing the right thing, I'm very proud of you." She says as it knocked on the door. I smiled at her. I'm really grateful for her, she became like a second mom to me and I know my mom wanted it this way. As all of the other girls and their families were here yesterday I realized they are my family now and I'm so happy about that.

My smile faded as I saw two police officers walking through the front door. "Good morning and Merry christmas ladies." One of them said and smiled at us gently. "We don't like being the bearers of bad news, but we wanted to let you know that Chip Langsberry was murdered last night at his house." The other officer revealed. I was speechless, like Tabby. We just shared a look, not knowing what to say or do. Thankfully Sidney spoke up. "What? Do they know who did it ?". The officers looked at eachother for a moment before saying "His parents witness what happened. It was Archie Waters." He said with a deep voice.

What the fuck is happening right now. I though Archie was in the hospital and in custody. Tabby must be thinking the same as she looked at me quite confused. The officers read the room and kept explaining. "Mr.Waters was able to escape the hospital but before he did he stabbed Sheriff Beasley in the chest, who bled out at the scene." This is getting weirder every second, why kill Sheriff Beasley? "Where is he now? Did he escape?" I asked as I slowly recovered from the news. "No, Chip was able to fight back and stab his attacker aswell. Both died this morning in the hospital." The taller officer said. I can't believe it...three deaths in less than 12 hours.

"We wanted to tell you in person. We are making our rounds to tell the other girls aswell. It's over now." He said and smiled slightly, hoping to make us feel better and saver. Tabby's mom led them back to the door as Tabby and I were digesting the news.

We spend the rest of the day resting at home, collecting our thoughts. But I can't get the officer's words out of my head...

It's over now... is it really? Or is this just the beginning?

Present day

I remember it like it was yesterday. And I'm still not sure wether I'm relieved or sad. Both probably. But maybe it's true, maybe it's over and we can live a normal life now. "Hey!" I jump at the sudden voice. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you, you okay?" Tabby asks me as she walks into my room. "Yeah, sorry I was just thinking. You heading to bed?" I ask her while sitting down on my bed. "Yup just wanted to say goodnight." I smile back at her and say goodnight.

I lay down in my bed and pray for the next weeks to get easier.