Ch.9

Kocho Pov
"My my, Shinazugawa you really are lovesick aren't you?" Once I said this Shinazugawa was quite red, it's a funny sight for sure. I chuckled again at the sight of his red face.

"Oh? Shinazugawa I should check on Tomioka" I said, completely forgetting about Tomioka.
I had given Tomioka soup in a glass bowl to eat, I got worried thinking he might self-harm  again.

"Just a excuse me for one second Shinazugawa" I said, while getting up and heading toward the door. "What?" Was all I heard before closing the door and dashing off to Tomiokas room.

Once I arrived I slowly opened the door. "Tomioka?" I looked inside the room, and slowly walked towards Tomioka.

Tomioka was curled up into a tight ball, his arms wrapped around his legs. His tear soaked face buried in his knees, I felt my heart drop, Tomioka looked so vulnerable.

I lightly patted Tomiokas head, sighing I looked around and saw the bowl of soup. It was halfway finished, I was glad he ate, but was hoping he would have finished it.

I grabbed the bowl and glanced at Tomioka, I've only ever seen Tomioka like this once. I hated seeing him like this, he didn't deserve all that happened to him.

I moved some hair away from Tomiokas puffy red eyes, I glanced at tomioka one more time before leaving the room. While I was walking, I remembered I had left Shinazugawa in my office.

I quickly walked towards my office, I opened the door and saw Shinazugawa sitting in one of my chairs, lost in thought. He had his arms crossed, and had a light blush on his cheeks.

"Ara ara~ still red, Shinazugawa?" I said in a teasing voice, I was leaning on the door frame, still holding the half finished bowl. Shinazugawa quickly snapped his head towards me, getting redder out of embarrassment.

"Shut the hell up!" Shinazugawa yelled, he was now standing, with my chair pushed on the floor. I stared at Shinazugawa with a few veins popping out.

"You better pick that up." I said with a close eyed smile. Shinazugawa quickly picked the chair up, "I'm gonna go now, send your crow when Tomioka wakes up." Was all I heard before seeing Shinazugawa walk out.

I giggled a bit at Shinazugawas reaction, Tomioka was breaking his 'tough guy' scheme.

Shinazugawa Pov
I quickly made my out of Kochos office, not wanting to engage in another conversation with her. She really knows how to get on my nerves, as I was walking around the mansion trying to find my way out, I passed Tomiokas room.

I stopped walking, and looked back to see the door that leads to his room. I wanted to go in, but I didn't want to be a bother, or accidentally wake Tomioka up. I decided to go in, quietly I slowly opened the door and walked in.

I went over to Tomiokas bed, when I saw Tomioka I was shocked. He was huddled in a small ball, with puffy red eyes, his cheeks had traces of tears.

I stood there processing what I was seeing.

Tomioka was crying? He could feel? Of course he could feel! I scolded myself for thinking such ridiculous things, I looked back at Tomioka and was once again drowned in my thoughts.

Was Tomioka always like this? Could he once have been able to smile freely? Was he always so distant, so...emotionless? Did I make it worse? What had happened to him?

I was eventually pulled away from my thoughts when I heard Tomioka lightly cough, I quickly gathered myself and left the room. When I finally left the butterfly estate, I went to Tomiokas estate.

I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to know everything about him, I always ignored or 'bullied' Tomioka. He always seemed to brush off all the cruel things I said to him, as if he was used to it.

When I arrived at the water pillars estate, I hesitated on going inside. I was technically breaking into his estate, but for good reason though, right? I pushed away all my doubts and went to his door, I twisted the doornob and was suprised when it actually opened.

I took a deep breath and walked in.