Ch.22

Sanemi Pov
Giyuus voice of soft and shaky, I could see his fists curling into a tight ball. His eyes looking towards the ground, almost as if he was hiding his tears?

"...Sorry...for being...a burden." I felt my heart drop when he said those words.

A burden?

"W-what? Giyuu...you're not a burden...you never where..." My voice was soft, you could hear the sorrow in my words. I looked at Giyuus fists, which where now in a very tight ball, so tight it looked like...blood?

There was blood dripping from his palms, Giyuus nails where practically embedded in his palms.

How tight were his fists...? Was it cause of me? Is this...my fault?

I quickly ran over to Giyuu, grabbing hold of his hands, there were little crescent patterns on his palms, his blood transferring onto my hand. "...Giyuu..." Giyuus eyes where now visibly filled with tears.

I carefully put his hands down, staring at the small blood puddle. His fingers were trembling, breathing was heavy. I don't know what to do...

I pull Giyuu into a tight hug, my arms wrapping around him, I could feel him hug back, but not as tightly as I. "...Sorry..." Was all I heard Giyuu croak out. His shaky voice, with his tear filled eyes.

Things nobody would ever expect from the quiet, emotionless, water hashira. Maybe he didn't have emotions, or he's just to good at hiding them.

Hugging Giyuu tighter, I stroke my fingers through his hair, the only sounds being heard where just soft sobs.

Giyuus crys eventually came to a stop, his arms slowly falling to his side, I could tell he wanted to say something, but wasn't able to get the words. I released Giyuu from the hug, he took some steps back, looking to the side.

His puffy red eyes, his tear stained cheeks, his trembling fingers.

"Giy-" I was about to speak up, when Giyuu suddenly interrupted. "I...I know you wait by my door every night...I know you do it for me...but you don't enjoy it...sorry...you have to worry and care for me." Giyuus voice was shaky and his fingers trembling even more than before. His eyes getting full with tears once again.

"Giyuu...I stay by your door because I want to, I do it on my choice...not anyone else's." I say, taking steps closer to Giyuu. "...No...you don't..." "Yes I do!" I say, raising my voice a bit, I put my hands on Giyuus shoulders.

"Giyuu.. I know it's hard for you to believe that someone...I care about you...but please...believe me..." I could tell my voice was starting to get shaky, but I tried my hardest to keep it normal.

I could see Giyuus eyes widening. Did he believe me?

I was determined on getting him to believe people actually care for him, that I cared for him...

"Kocho...Kanroji...they all care for you...they converse with you...because they want to, not because someone told them to." I tried to think of another person...but I only could think of the master...

"Oyakata-sama care's as well..." I said, smiling lightly at Giyuu. Giyuu only nodded, but he had a barely visible smile.

I take my hands off his shoulders, still looking at him, I take his hand and grab so bandages, wrapping them up. The bleeding on his palms stopped a while ago, but I still wanted to bandage it.

Once I had finished bandaging his hands, I decided to finally say something. "Did you...always get nightmares as a kid? Or is that just a thing now?" I say that last bit in more of a teasing tone, but still wanted to get a real answer.

"Uhm...I guess I've always had them...their just more haunting now..." Giyuus voice got softer towards the end of his sentence.

More haunting? Oh...right...

"Oh...sorry if I was prying to much.." "It's fine, I'm okay..." I'm sure we both knew that was a lie.

"So...staying near people calms the nightmares? Kinda ironic for someone like you" I say in a joking tone, trying to change the subject. "Only important people" Giyuus voice sounded more light, it sounded as if he tried to use a joking tone, but failed.

"Important people...soo Im important than..?" I try to say in a teasing tone, but I couldn't help but blush. "I...I guess...yea...you're pretty important." Giyuu actually had a noticeable smile on his face.

I nervously laugh at his words, I'm happy to be important to such a person.
—————-—————• • •—————————-
A/N
Also if you don't remember, sanemi would wait by giyuus door every night because giyuu would have nightmares.

Time skip
Sanemi Pov
I woke up in my bed, as I normally would, but this time something was different. Giyuu was asleep right by me, in my bed! Then the memories came flooding back.

I had (awfully) suggested Giyuu sleep in my room, incase he'd get any nightmares, he had told me they were getting worse. I didn't have any extra things he could sleep on so he ended up in my bed.

Why did I say that! What was the past me from only 17 hours ago thinking?!

Then another memory came up, confession day.

Idk why this took 4 hours to write. Maybe cause I rewrote it twice, guess you'll never know...