I wish it's him

Minerva died of old age; Hogwarts to have a new headmaster to be announced on the 2nd of May, the annual celebration of the Dark Lord's demise.

Hermione sobbed in the kitchen counter holding Crookshanks, her mentor, her head of the house, Minerva was dead, and she can't cry hard enough when she read the news on the Daily Prophet paper that morning.

"Mum, is everything okay?", Toby asked her and hugged her.

Hermione turned to look at Toby, hugged him and cried, "Oh baby, it was Minnie, she died last night."

Toby pulled back from the hug with wide eyes and tears started pooling in his eyes, "No.", he said and hugged her mum again and cried.

Suddenly they heard the floo activate and Hermione went to look who it was.

"Hermione,", a sad looking Harry greet him, Hermione quickly went and hugged him.

Seconds later, the floo activated again and Ron quickly hugged them both and they all cried.

After a while, they all pulled back when they heard a knock on the door and Matilda, Hermione's assistant came rushing in, "Good morning, Minister, I'm sorry for Minerva's death but you were asked to have an announcement about it on the podium at the ministry in,", she paused and looked at her watch, "10 minutes.", she added and gave a sad smile.

"Okay Matilda, thank you.", she said, and Matilda took her leave.

Hermione turned to her friends, "I don't know what to say."

Ron put her hand on Hermione's shoulder, "You can do it Mione, no one else can give Minerva words of appreciation than you are.", he said.

"Yes Hermione, you're her favorite student.", Harry said grinning.

Hermione chuckled and hugged them again. Both Harry and Ron went back to their homes through the floo network and Hermione went to her room to fix herself up and go to the Ministry. When she heard the floo activated, she quickly went back to the sitting room and saw no one there, Hermione went back to the kitchen and saw that Toby wasn't there anymore, she went to his bedroom but he wasn't there either and so she searched the whole house, but there is no sign of Toby anywhere.

Hermione called Harry through the floo network and told him that Toby's missing.

"Hermione, relax. I know where he is. Go to the ministry, give that speech and I'll handle it.", he heard Harry saying and thanked him. She thought about what Harry said and soon realized that she also knew where Toby is right now.

Arriving at the Ministry, reporters swarmed Hermione to get her opinion of Minerva's death, but she remained calm until she arrives at the podium to give her speech.

"We lost a mentor, a friend, a mother to all her students...", her speech ended with a clap and most of the people present, cried.

Hermione quickly went to her office and called for Matilda.

"Matilda, why wasn't I informed about this new Headmaster?", she asked.

"Minister it was Professor McGonagall's wish of person to take her place and you said that if it was Minerva's wish it will not be questioned.", she said, reminding her again of what she told her assistant months ago when she was summoned by Minerva.

"Oh yes, she wished it was her person of interest to take over. I remember now, thank you Matilda.", she said smiling at her.

"Anytime Minister.", she said and went back outside Hermione's office.

Hermione is a successful Minister for Magic, been re-elected thrice. Harry, head of the auror department and Ronald, a big superstar on Quidditch. The Golden trio lived their lives successfully but remained humble up until this day.

As Hermione was on the middle of a paperwork, she paused.

"Who was it that Minerva trusted to take over the school?"

And deep inside, she wished it's him.