A letter

Severus,

How are you dear? I hope you are well, and I hope I can say the same. My health is deteriorating, and I wish that you would take over in taking care of the school and the students. I am aware of your capabilities in handling such task I am wishing you would take.

The annual celebration of the second war will be next week and I am hoping to see you by then, as I am not sure if I would last until the next term. I am hoping you consider this.

All love,

Minerva

Severus, unable to move and part his eyes away from Minerva's letter felt bad about leaving the old woman alone in the castle, taking care of it for the past 11 years.

Severus left the wizarding world for a quiet and peaceful life and was working as a healer in the lone village's clinic far away from the city, being a healer funded his own brewing stocks and his everyday life, it's not much but he survived.

Severus hurriedly chugged his brandy and slammed the glass on the table, unable to think of ways to decline the old woman. Being the Headmaster is not what he sees his life to be in now, he likes the life he built for himself these past years, he doesn't want it to be ruined again, and his life fall into some problems but It's Minerva's last wish for him, a year or two would suffice for him, he guessed. 

Severus hurriedly went to his room and packed all the things he needed to bring.

In the middle of his packing, Severus paused and took a seat in his bed,

"Hermione."

It's been 11 years since he last saw her and heard from her. He doesn't know anything about her then. He guessed she's a successful woman now, married and with little red heads following her around, he grinned thinking about it. Hermione is intelligent, a bright woman but his choice for men is not something Severus approves of, he always thought she could do better than Krum and Weasley, he rolled his eyes and went back to packing.

"Is she well?"

"Am I ready to face her?"

He paused,

"Did her feelings for me changed after all this time?"