Birthday revelation

It was Harry's birthday held at Grimmauld Place.

"Happy birthday Harry!", Hermione greeted him the moment they get inside the house and saw Harry. Harry quickly hugged Hermione and muttered his thanks.

"Happy birthday Uncle.", Toby greeted, and Harry pulled back from Hermione to grab the gift Toby was holding out for him and hugged the boy.

"I'm so happy you both came. Thank you for this Toby!", Harry told them.

"We wouldn't miss it.", Hermione said and chuckled.

"I know.", Harry answered, and chuckled, "Headmaster Snape is at the kitchens if you want to say hi.", he added grinning at her and excused himself to greet his other guests.

Toby told her mother that she would just look for Draco. Draco and Toby are great friends, though Toby still needs to call him uncle.

Hermione looked at his boy having fun with Draco and decided that she needed a drink but when she turned around, her view was blocked by a man in a black shirt, black jacket and faded jeans.

"H-Headmaster.", she stuttered and avoided his gaze, "Fancy seeing you here.", she added.

"You could say, I was threatened to be here.", he answered.

Hermione nervously chuckled, her blush creeping in and the images of their recently shared night was looming in her mind. Hermione excused herself but Severus grabbed her arm. Hermione quickly looked at him,

"What?", she asked.

"Why are you avoiding me now?", he asked.

"I am not, I'm just getting myself a drink.", she replied and made a beeline to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

Hermione got herself some elf-made wine and poured it in a glass, once half full she chugged it down immediately feeling nervous that Severus is present at Harry's party. Hermione's mind suddenly drifted off from Toby's words about his father and was interrupted by a clearing of throat behind her.

"Hermione.", she turned to look at the man she's planning on avoiding tonight because she doesn't want him to ask her anything about Toby.

"What is it Severus?", she asked.

"You know what I want to hear Hermione.", Severus replied.

"Can we not talk about this now please?", she asked, walking towards him and cupped his cheek making sure that no one's around them.

Severus leaned in her hand and kissed her wrist, "Okay.", he just replied and Hermione quickly went to the sitting room where everyone else were situated.

Severus looked at Hermione conversed with Ginny and Lavander when he noticed Toby going to the kitchen, he followed him.

"Hello Toby.", he greeted him and Toby looked at Severus and smiled.

"Hello professor.", he greeted back, and went to look inside the refrigerator.

"Are you hungry?", Severus asked.

"No,", he grabbed a bottle of water and closed the fridge, "I just need this for mum, looks like she had enough wine.", he added, nodded at Severus and went to Hermione, he removed the wine glass from her and gave her the water. Hermione realized what her son just did, hugged him and said her sorry for drinking too much.

Severus looked at them admiringly.

When the party was almost over, Hermione went to the kitchen and saw Severus was still there sitting at kitchen counter sipping his glass full of firewhiskey.

"You're still here?", Hermione asked while grabbing some water bottle.

"Obviously.", he said boringly.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and moved towards the opposite side of Severus. Hermione put her hands above Severus' and sighed.

"I'm sorry Severus but Toby needs more time."

Severus let out a big sigh and lowered his gaze to their now clasped hands,

"He didn't want to know me and I understand him,", he said sadly.

"Severus, he'll come by you'll see.", Hermione said trying her best to comfort him.

Severus looked at her and guided her towards him. Hermione is now standing in between Severus' thighs and they hugged each other.

"I really hope he'll want to know me soon.", he said softly.

Hermione pulled back from the hug and kissed him softly for a moment and pulled back.

"He will, he'll be proud to know his father is Headmaster Severus Snape, the greatest spy, a war her—", Hermione was interrupted by a sudden sound of a shattered glass behind them, they both turned to see a wide-eyed Toby standing in the doorway,

"He's my dad?"