I was there

It's time for Hermione to bring Toby to Hogwarts Express bound to Hogwarts, Hermione was so excited for her son's first day, she and Toby had breakfast and Toby asked many questions about Hogwarts and the staffs and everything about it, it excites him more. 

The night of Harry's birthday when Toby finally knew who his father was, he didn't talk about it since. Hermione would start the conversation, but Toby would just look at her mother telling her to stop. Hermione was confused to this new attitude of Toby, he wasn't like this, he's sweet and he admired Severus the moment he met him, but why is he having this reaction about it? 

Hermione thought that maybe Toby just needed time to accept everything that is happening.

Arriving at the express, Hermione turned Toby to face her, she can see he's nervous.

"Toby, you'll be all right.", she assured him, she lowered herself down to meet Toby's eyes. Toby looked at his mum intently and brushed away the tears slowly pooling in his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you mum.", he said and hugged her right away.

"I'm going to miss you too buddy," she replied, running her hand on Toby's back assuring him, "You can always owl me. If you need me, I'll be there right away.", she added.

Toby hugged her mum tightly and pulled back. Hermione stood and fixed herself. Hermione cast a spell on Toby's luggage so it's not heavy and he could easily bring it in his compartment.

Hermione hugged her son for the last time and Toby went inside the train, turning back to his mother he saw a familiar black figure not far behind her mother,

'Was that Professor Snape?', he thought to himself.

He shrugged his thoughts off and waved to Hermione goodbye and walked inside to find an empty compartment. Once settled, he grabbed a book and was about to read when someone barged inside, a girl in her Hogwarts robe already.

"Hey, can I join you here?", she asked and smiled at him.

"Sure.", he replied and turned his attention back to his book.

The girl settled in from of him and also had her book.

"I'm Cassandra Black, and you are?", she introduced herself and offered a hand to Toby.

"I'm Toby Granger.", he replied and shook her hand.

"Friends?" she cheekily asked, beaming at him.

"Friends.", he said, and they pulled their hands back and chuckled.

The whole trip to Hogwarts was full of stories and shared laughter, from that moment on Cassandra and Toby became close friends.

Hermione was back at the Ministry, her head on the piles of paperwork when Matilda came in,

"Minister, Headmaster Snape is here to see you.", Hermione quickly fixed herself looking at the mirror in her desk and once finished she instructed Matilda to let him in.

Once inside, Hermione stood up not sure whether she should kiss him or just shake his hand. But Severus walked towards her and kissed her like it's the last time. Hermione moaned and it gave him entrance.

Hermione pulled back and gasp for air, and so did Severus. Foreheads resting to one another.

"I missed you.", he said. Hermione felt something in her stomach flutter, and she smiled.

"I missed you too.", she replied looking at his eyes she could see his want of her.

Severus muttered a silencing spell and locked her door. Hermione didn't protest.

He kissed her again with the same intensity from before. Moans and grunts filled the room as Severus claimed her on her desk.

When they're done, they moved to the sofa with Hermione cuddled on top of him and Severus arms around her body, tracing circles on her skin and they both enjoyed their warmth.

"You should go back to the school now Severus, the kids will be arriving in a moment.", she said softly, looking at him and put a hand on his chest.

"I was there when you dropped Toby off at the train.", he said.

Hermione quickly pulled back looking at him in surprise.

"Why didn't you approach us?", she asked.

"I don't want to ruin the moment, I--", he paused and looked away, "But I wish I was there with you.", he added.

Hermione cupped his cheek and moved it towards her, his eyes still not looking at Hermione's.

"Look at me Severus.", she said, and Severus quickly turned his gaze on her. Hermione leaned in and kissed him softly.