Chapter 26: Oli Gets Married

🎶 Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Remastered 2011 — Queen 🎶

After Cape Cod, I flew to England to visit Fred and his wife Kitty in Wiltshire before Oli's wedding. Joris was also there visiting Alice and us five had a great weekend together with Fred's little kids. To my surprise, Fred was very happy about Alice and Joris and he got along with him very well.
"How are you feeling?" I asked Joris when we met by chance in the kitchen alone.
"Well, it's all a bit much, but I'm very happy. Alice has already found a job at an interior designer in Monaco. We'll get married at the end of August in a small ceremony. Just our closest family and friends." he said and smiled.
"I'm very happy for you guys. Sorry that I overreacted that time, but... you just led very different lives at the time you met. It does seem that you sorted everything out though" I said and patted him on the back.
"You were right and you just reacted as a true friend." he replied.

When I was driving to London to my parents' house that evening, I decided to call Charles and tell him about my weekend with the lovebirds.
"You feel ready for wedding week with your family?" Charles chuckled when I had finished my talking.
"Ugh, you might need to come and save me" I joked.
"Anytime" he laughed, but I knew he wasn't joking. "Hang in there" he added before we ended the call.

 "Hang in there" he added before we ended the call

📍 Kensington, United Kingdom
mary.wright98 In the Bible it rained for 40 days and they called it a disaster. In England, we call it summer.

maxverstappen1 ORANJE 🧡🧡🧡
amelwindsor They say rain on your wedding day signifies luck 🫠🫠🫠
Replying to amelwindsor:
mary.wright98 Well you need plenty of that with my brother...

Thankfully, the three days I stayed with my parents at home went quite smoothly. My Mum was away most of the time anyways for last minute wedding preparations with Amelia and her mother and Dad was acting as an entertainer/taxi driver for all our relatives who came down to the city early. I would have loved to pick up George, Carmen, Lando, Joris and Charles who had come from Monaco on Friday evening from the airport, but unfortunately we had a family dinner before tomorrow's wedding and I was stuck there.

Amelia and Oli were lucky and the morning of their wedding day was dry, albeit still cloudy. The ceremony was set to take place at St George's Chapel with a reception following at a lodge in Windsor. The King was expected to attend as well as other senior members of the royal family. The evening party was happening at Windsor Castle - it was all very exciting and I was very happy for Oli. Even without all the pomp, Amelia's family was lovely and they made a genuinely happy couple.

I had decided to walk down to the church with my friends instead of waiting to appear with my family later on. There were already enough cameras around and I couldn't be bothered to put up a genuine smile around a thousand relatives. It was a great decision as Alice and my friends were great at keeping any sad thoughts off my mind.

 It was a great decision as Alice and my friends were great at keeping any sad thoughts off my mind