Chapter 41: Goodbye Unmarried Mary

🎶 Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! — GAMPER & DANDONI 🎶

"Mary Wright! You are hereby officially kidnapped!" Carmen shouted and all the girls around her howled loudly.
It was Saturday morning of my hen party weekend and Charles was away with the boys for his stag do. Riccardo had told me that they were just taking him to Joris' and Alice's country house and drinking all weekend - Charles had also been informed about my plans, but I didn't know them yet.
The girls dragged me downstairs and loaded me into some sort of car that started driving. Besides Carmen and Alice there were also Amelia, Claire, my ex-coworker William's wife, Kelly, Lily and Marta with me this weekend.

We came to a halt and I heard plane engines when I got out of the car, making me realise quickly that we were at Nice airport. The girls dragged me along and made me climb up the stairs to a plane where they immediately sat me down to open up bottles of champagne.
"Can I take this off now?" I asked, tugging at the scarf covering my eyes.
"I don't know, can she? When did we plan to take it off?" Alice asked.
"Um... we didn't plan that. I mean, she can take it off now I guess?" Carmen said and I immediately pulled down the fabric.
"Hey girls" I said and then shrieked in happiness.

By the time the plane started its landing we were already very tipsy thanks to many litres of champagne.
"Get ready for a weekend full of... wine!" Alice shouted as we got off the plane and I read the sign "Aéroport de Bordeaux".
There was a van waiting for us and we all got in before it started driving into the countryside.
It dropped us off at a winery, where they were already awaiting us. It was just the first one on a tour of six and by the time it was four in the afternoon, we were already very drunk and our driver drove us to another house in the countryside.

"Wow!" I said when I saw a gorgeous old, typically French, home.
"It's from a distant cousin of my mum's, they gave it to us for the weekend" Alice explained and slung her arm around me.
"Ok, two hours of rest then everybody get ready for tonight, Mary you... just wait for us to dress you" Carmen announced and everybody stumbled to the rooms that Alice had assigned. I immediately did as I was told and thanks to the influence of alcohol, I fell asleep in no time, hoping to rest before our evening activities that surely included even more wine.

After what only seemed a few minutes I was woken up by the screams of the girls that were waking me up.
"Okkkk here's the dress for tonight!" Kelly shouted and pulled out a beautiful short white dress. I noticed that they were all wearing flower-patterned dresses that they apparently had just bought for this weekend - they all looked great... and very drunk.
Claire was doing my make-up and I prayed that I wouldn't look like a clown after smelling her heavy alcoholic breath. But mine wasn't probably any better as we continued drinking wine and champagne while chatting around.
Alice was combing through my hair when I felt something heavy being placed on my head and I immediately looked up into the mirror I was sat in front.
"Wha-" I said incredulously and Alice immediately shushed me.
"It's mine, don't worry. I just wanted to test if you had the head for it before next week" she said and winked.
"Well mine is going to be a bit smaller though" I chuckled and she joined in.

📍 Gironde, Aquitaine, France
Tagged: carmenmmundt, mary.wright98, claire.bear, kellypiquet, lilymhe, amelwright, martamln
alice__trouche MARY'S HEN 🥂 ps yes that's my wedding tiara

leclerc_pascale So so so so cute!!!!!!
charlotte2304 Wish I could be there 😭
joris__trouche You look so good 🤤

leclerc_pascale So so so so cute!!!!!!charlotte2304 Wish I could be there 😭joris__trouche You look so good 🤤

📍 Gironde, Aquitaine, France
mary.wright98 💗🥂👑

beabea.wright Babygirl ❤️❤️❤️❤️
charles_leclerc mine mine mine mine mine
claire.bear This looks like I'm about to detonate a bomb behind you 😂
sophiaaemilia Enjoy!! Can't wait for next week!

The girls had organised an elegant dinner outside and hired a chef and waiters who took care of us all evening. We ate so well and drank a lot again and as it was past three in the morning now, the girls, one by one, said good night and went back to their rooms until it was just Carmen and me left.
"You'll make such a beautiful bride" she gushed and I chuckled.
"Do you think Charles should go back to Ferrari?" I blurted out.
"Sorry, what?" Carmen exclaimed and she sounded like my question had just sobered her up in an instant.
"Ssshhh, no word to that about anyone. You've heard about Christian. He wants to take Charles with him, but Charles only wants to do it if I'm ok with it" I said, deep in thought.
"And? Are you ok with it?" she asked.
"I don't know." I replied.
"Could you bear seeing him in red again?" she asked and I thought back at all the memories I had of him in that red racing suit. All the smiles, all the laughs, all the happiness, but also a lot of disappointment and tears that we had shared during that time. He loved that team, even to the point that he had chosen it over me, that's how much it had meant to him to win with them. That's how much he wanted to do it for Jules. But now maybe it was time for him to do it for himself. And I was going to be there for him no matter what.
"I'm going to tell him to do it" I decided.
"Shit. Lando will have to pull himself together next season. Two world champions competing in a legendary team." Carmen chuckled.
"I'm going to tell him after the wedding. As a present or something like that" I said and laughed, feeling the alcohol still kicking in. I was going to be so dead tomorrow.