Chapter four: The library of Helheim

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

She has to find the answers. No matter the cost and while she is trying to find them, she searches deeper and deeper into the mystery of her destiny where the curtain starts to lift slowly and open more secrets.....

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

The dinner with Hades was now almost a week ago. The week had passed so quickly and the day she would travel with Hades to Helheim was already tomorrow. She planned to do some of her duties today and meet up with Hermes, since she wouldn't see him for quite some time.

After she finished her work, she joined her two siblings and had lunch with them. They chatted about Atropos' departure tomorrow and whether she and Hades had already become intimate. "You two are really unbelievable! Of course not! Hades sama and I are just very good friends!" she replied, insisting on talking about something else. Klotho looked to Lachesis and winked, "Sure, just friends." Lachesis couldn't help laughing.

After lunch, Atropos went to Hermes with whom she composed one last piece of music about the future- for now at least. Atropos and Hermes sat down together at a table and drank wine. "I'm going to miss our conversations together. When are you coming back?" asked Hermes, looking a little glum. Atropos looked out the window and thought about it. When am I actually coming back? I haven't thought about it until now....

"I'm not sure. First I have to figure some things out. But I will come back. Don't worry!" she finally replied, looking into Hermes' face with a smile. Hermes smiled back and replied, "Then I await the day with full longing." Atropos laughed. "Since when did you become so sentimental?" Hermes grinned and said nothing.

As he was about to pour her more wine, there was a knock at the door. Ares, the God of War and elder brother of Hermes entered without waiting for an answer. "Hermes, father is calling for you. He said it was urgent." He looked in Atropos' direction. "Sorry, I didn't know you had a visitor." Atropos sighed and replied, "You could have easily found out....," she interrupted as Ares looked at her in confusion. She looked at Ares' blank face and continued, "It's really simple: First, you knock and then wait to be invited in, you big moron!" Hermes couldn't help laughing. Ares looked embarrassed and apologized.

Hermes asked Ares to tell Zeus that he would come to him in a moment. Ares went and slammed the door (probably unintentionally) so that the bookshelf shook and some books fell off the shelf. Atropos picked up a book, ran after him and threw it at Ares' head to make sure he knew about what he had done wrong. Ares apologized again and quickly moved away.

"I'm afraid you'll have to put up with him without me for a while, Hermes." she said, bending down to pick up the books and put them back on the shelf. Hermes laughed and replied, "Don't worry. I can handle that! I'm more worried about you...." He hugged Atropos and while holding her even tighter, he asked her if she was okay, to which she replied in the affirmative. She said goodbye to Hermes and went to her chambers to pack the rest of her things to take with her to Helheim.

Hades also packed his things. He then left his room to meet with his brothers once again and talk about the possible uprising of the giants. The rumors about this had unfortunately become more solidified and it seemed to gradually amount to a war. They discussed their strategy while Hades and Poseidon continued to sit quietly in their chairs and listen. When Hermes joined the conversation, they directly tasked him with developing a strategy and keeping them informed.

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

After the conversation, Hades was about to return to his chambers when he met Atropos' mother in the corridor, who greeted him kindly: "Hades sama, thank you for taking care of my daughter." Hades nodded.