Chapter six: The joy of what is still to come

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

I want to hide it..... In order to protect the man I love, I will keep it as a secret.....

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

The Gigantomachy was some days ago. Nevertheless, Hades was still very busy and therefore had to travel to Valhalla every now and then to talk to his brothers about the future of the Titans and Giants. Atropos occasionally came along to visit her mother and sisters. They were just happy to see Atropos well up. Of course, she also took the opportunity to tell them about her engagement. For Atropos' mother this did not come as a surprise after the conversation with Hades. Nevertheless, she was happy for her daughter.

"Have you already started planning? When are you going to get married?" her mother asked, meanwhile combing her daughter's hair. "Mmh...not really yet. Hades is always very busy, but he said as soon as things calm down a bit, we'll talk about wedding planning," Atropos replied, looking at her sister's notes. Atropos, in fact, was also very busy. Because of the incident and her injuries, she had not been able to fulfill her duties. Accordingly, she had a lot of work to catch up on. "I understand. If you need help, you can always come to me, my child," her mother said, putting away the comb. Atropos nodded and thanked her.

After having lunch with her mother and sisters, she visited Hermes. He was talking with Ares, but stopped the conversation immediately when he saw Atropos.

"Ah, there you are! How are you? Have your wounds already healed?" asked Hermes, walking towards them. Ares, visibly confused that Hermes just left him standing there, also walked up to Atropos. "I'm fine. Thank you. I'm glad nothing happened to you, Hermes. I hear you made a pretty good commander and strategist on the battlefield," Atropos replied.

Ares pointed his thumbs at himself and said, "And what about me? Aren't you going to ask me how I'm doing? After all, I was in the fight, and I was badly injured!" Atropos could have made another nasty comment to annoy Ares, but she decided not to this time and instead praised him, "You did well, you big dummy." She smiled and asked Hermes for a private talk.

The two went to Hermes's room to talk about the incident during Gigantomachy. "I see. So you're worried that in the future someone other than Gaia might get the idea that your abilities could be useful.... I don't think you should worry about that so much."

While Atropos was grateful that Hermes was trying to reassure her, she also knew that he could give no other answer. "I'm not that naive, Hermes. I know that the other gods, including Adamas sama, wanted me to hand over to Gaia. And...I also know that you and Hades stood by me. For that, I am always grateful. But I must keep my ability to see the future a secret. Therefore, I will stay in Helheim and not return to Valhalla for a long time; except for our wedding, of course. So I ask you, Hermes... please tell all the gods that I have lost my ability. I must carry this lie out so that I can protect Hades and myself," she said.

Hermes nodded. "I have another question...." she asked, changing the subject. "I want to thank Hades for everything he has done for me so far. But I'm not sure what to do. Do you have any ideas?" Hermes thought for a moment. "Mmh...I can't tell you exactly what you should do, but I can give you a hint: Think about what would give him the most pleasure and try to connect that to his interests."

Atropos thanked Hermes and hugged him, knowing that she would not see him for a long time until the wedding. She left the room and met Hades in the corridor, who smiled at her. "Well, beautiful, are you ready to leave for home?" he asked, kissing her on the forehead. Atropos nodded and so, together with Hades, she set off for Helheim.