Chapter eleven: Homecoming

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

As time runs slowly, I want to enjoy every single moment with him.

I want to embrace him, caress him, feel him.... all that...

and I hope that this moments never end and last 'til eternity......

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

The next morning, Hades and Atropos got up early to leave for Helheim as soon as possible. Before they went to the Bifrost, they met Zeus, Hermes and Ares on the way there, who said goodbye to them. "It's been an exciting last few months, hasn't it?" said Zeus, grinning. Hermes nodded and agreed. "Indeed, I can't deny that, Zeus. But you've clearly had your fun," Hades replied, putting his arm around Atropos, who laughed. She looked over at Hermes, who had been staring at her for a while, and smiled. She thought again of Hermes' love confession and looked down slightly ashamed, which did not go unnoticed by Hades. However, he said nothing.

Suddenly, Ares interrupted the silence. "It's hard to believe all that happened, but of course it's also a shame that the Titans and Giants tried so far," he stopped briefly and continued, "But I regret that I wasn't there to help little Atropos." Atropos raised her eyebrow. "The only thing that's small here is your brain, you big oaf! I may not be very tall, but at least I have brains.... You should try to read some books!" she said, looking angry. Hermes smirked.

Ares, visibly irritated, looked over at Hades, who gave him a stern look. "Such things are beyond his mental reach. He'd have to learn to read for that," Hades said, looking at Atropos, who laughed. Ares' eyes widened and he was now visibly embarrassed. "Don't you dare insult my wife again," Hades added, now looking at Ares with annoyance.

Ares was so embarrassed that he looked down. Atropos and Hermes looked at each other and laughed. Atropos thanked Zeus and Hermes for everything and took Hades' hand to signal that she was ready to leave. Hades nodded and said goodbye to Zeus and Hermes. Hermes bowed and gave Atropos one last smile.

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

They passed through the Bifrost and took a carriage for the rest of the way to the castle, which was already waiting for them. While they were on their way to the castle, Hades interrupted the silence. "It had not escaped me earlier that you were very reserved towards Hermes. You're actually childhood friends, aren't you?"

Atropos nodded. She thought again of the love confession she had not told Hades about until now. She decided to tell him, since they were now married and she didn't want to keep secrets from him. "...There is something I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure how you would take it.... Hermes had told me just before the wedding that he has been in love with me for a long time.... But it means nothing! Please don't be mad at me....", she looked down ashamed.

Hades crossed his legs and propped his head up. "What did you tell him?" She looked to him and immediately replied, "I rejected him, of course, and said I couldn't return his feelings. After all, I love you, Hades...." Hades straightened forward and took her hand. "Why should I be angry with you? You chose me and that's all that matters to me. I don't hold a grudge against my nephew either. Don't worry about it. However....," he interrupted briefly, "...I wish you had told me before the wedding. I trust you, Aisa. I don't want us to keep any secrets from each other."

Atropos apologized once again. "I trust you, too. That's why I promise you that from now on I'll always tell you everything right away. Forgive me." Hades smiled and kissed the back of her hand. "I'm glad to hear that. But I expect you to make it up to me by showing me at home how much you love me." Atropos smiled and returned his gesture. "I certainly will, my darling."