The Final Chapter: The future will tell

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

- I am overjoyed with love. You are so beautiful, my lovely wife.

- I couldn't have put it better myself, my lovely husband!

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

The next day, Hades and Atropos returned to Helheim with their son. Arriving there, they were already greeted joyfully by their servants. Zagreus slept peacefully in Atropos' arms while Hades helped her to get out of the carriage. They went into the castle and took Zagreus to his room. Atropos put him in his crib and looked at him smiling for quite a while, while Hades hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.

"I could look at him all day. I'm so happy, Hades.", she whispered and stroke Zagreus' head. Hades also looked at his son and whispered, "You two together are my most precious treasure. I will always protect you as long as I live." He kissed her on the cheek and then turned her body towards him to kiss her on the mouth. Atropos put her arms around his neck and returned the kiss.

꧁❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

After three months, Hades and Atropos had gotten used to their life as parents. It was sometimes very exhausting for both of them, as they still had to fulfill their daily duties and run a kingdom. But they supported each other. During the day, unfortunately, a nanny had to take care of Zagreus from time to time, but in the evening Atropos always sang a song to their son so that he would fall asleep while Hades told him stories.

Tonight, too, she sang a song to her son, and after he fell asleep, Hades came in and hugged her. "That was a beautiful song. Did you composed it today?" he asked her. She nodded. "Yes, I just composed it today."

They both left the room and asked the nanny to keep an eye on Zagreus while the two sat down in the garden. They looked out at the waterfall and hugged. "We've rarely been here lately. We've hardly had much time for each other, either. I miss that a little," Hades said, stroking her head. Atropos agreed with him and thought.

"Mmh...how about we take some time off tomorrow? The nanny always takes very good care of our son. I honestly miss our time together, too. I love our son and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but I think we both need time together once in a while too. I think that one day can't hurt...." Hades smiled. "I think so, too. What do you have in mind? What would you like to do tomorrow?"

She thought for a moment. "The things we used to do together. Playing chess, having romantic meals together, sitting here in the garden and... enjoying each other's touches." she replied, winking. Hades laughed. "If those simple things make you happy, then I don't mind. Especially not against the last one.", he said with a smirk. She promptly replied, "Yes, those very simple things make me happy, as long as I can share them with you."

He smiled and kissed her tenderly on the mouth, then whispered, "I think we can start the last one also today, don't you think?" Atropos smiled and quietly replied, "That's what I also thought." They kissed and lay down on the grass to enjoy each other's touches, while the sound of the waterfall made their moans go unheard for others.

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

The next day she took a bath together with Hades, who embraced her waist and kissed her on her temple. Afterwards, they got dressed and briefly took care of their son before spending the rest of the day together. They left him in the care of the nanny and assured her that they would be here at the castle all day in case anything went wrong.

First, they went to the garden to have breakfast and then sat down by the small river to listen to the sounds of the flowing water. After that they sat down at a table and played chess for quite a while and spent their time in the library talking about the books they had read lately.