8 - Gwaine x f!reader - The Stranger

Consider this my apology for the Merlin chapter (this is a different universe so not the same Y/n as in the Merlin chapter). Also this is VERY sappy haha, the reader is a simp (looking at you, Jeske)

Verbena: Healing; Creativity; Happiness; Will you get your wish?

Characters:
-Gwaine, adult male (BBC's Merlin)
-Reader, adult female (Arthur's sister)

Genre: Fluff

Not requested

Warnings:
Crying (positive)
Kissing (non-explicit)

"Please be my wingman and set me up with you"

1st person's POV (reader)

Arthur had finally come home. It had been a while, and I'd missed him. As soon as he rode his horse through the gate, I jumped up from the stairs and ran towards him. He spotted me and quickly got off his horse. He opened his arms and I gave him a tight hug.
 'I missed you,' I said. He smiled and turned around.
 'Merlin! Bring my horse to the stable!' he yelled at the boy, who had been chatting with a man I didn't know yet. Merlin seemed to be helping the man stand up, was he injured? I took the reins from Arthur's horse and yelled at Merlin too.
 'I'll do it, you go do whatever you're doing!' He thanked me and pointed to Gaius while speaking with the strange man again. The man was looking at me and he was looking FINE. His face was like nothing I'd ever seen before, like the sun had personally blessed his eyes. He stared at me, mouth slightly agape, so I smiled at him. His eyes darted away before he smiled back and turned to Merlin, who helped him limp to Gaius.

I took Arthur's horse to the stables and fed it. Once I was done, I walked to my brother's chamber and walked in without knocking, because the door was open.
 'Y/n!'
 'Arthur why are you naked when your door is wide open??!'
 'GET OUT!' I ran out laughing, luckily I hadn't seen anything. Arthur had been just in time to prevent me from seeing things that would haunt me. I decided to go to Merlin and Gaius, to see how that man was doing and why they had once again picked up somebody from the side of the road.

The door was open so I walked in. I never learn do I?
 'Wow!' the strange man's voice sounded as I quickly turned away, flustered.
 'I'm so sorry, the door was open so I thought-' I stammered. Here, too, had been the guy quick enough to cover himself with something nearby.
 'No need to apologise,' he chuckled, 'I should've closed the door.' Help why was this guy so hot?
 'Okay, I'm dressed now,' he said. I turned back around, face still slightly warm. He sat down and grabbed a little pot with cream. I recognised it, Gaius had learnt me how to apply it. I realised I probably shouldn't look at his hand for that long so I looked away. It seemed he had noticed, since he smiled slightly.

 'Oh, er..' he trailed off. I looked at his face, a questioning look in my eyes.
 'I can't reach, can you help?'
 'Sure,' I said, walking over and taking the cream. The man had beautiful, thick brown hair and his eyes, oh, his eyes. I could drown in those eyes. 
 'It's on the back of my leg, but I also got a cut across my chest so it hurts when I try to stretch that far,' he said. I snapped out of my staring and nodded.
 'Okay, how... How are we going to make sure I can reach?' I asked. The back of his leg? Without saying anything, the guy turned around and sort of draped himself over the bed in the middle of the room. Luckily his trousers were those type of comfortable wide-legged trousers, so he pulled one leg up. Whoa, that guy had calves. I blinked and knelt next to him. I carefully took a bit of cream out of the pot and smeared it over the cut.

The man hissed in pain and I softly apologised.
 'Don't be sorry, darling,' he chuckled. Darling?  He really just called me that? I felt my face heat up, but continued to put the cream on. The stranger continued to wince in pain every now and then, but he didn't say anything anymore.
 'Done,' I said. The man pulled the leg of his trousers in place again and got up. I hesitated for a few seconds before asking my bold question, spurred on by the guy calling me Darling.
 'Do you need help with the cut on your chest as well?'