Family.

Kie wakes up to the sounds of her phone vibrating a few feet away from her. She tries to ignore it the best she can but feels an empty spot in the bed next to her. She finally gives in and rolls over to grab it from the night stand.

"Hello" she says tiredly putting the phone to her ear, not even really opening her eyes to see who was calling.

"Kiara Carrera where an earth are you!!"

She grimaced at the piercing sound of her mums voice.

"Mum?" She groans

"You need to come home right now do you hear me!"

"And why's that?"

"Just tell me where you are and I'll come pick you up"

"Sorry I can't do that" she says sarcastically.

"Kiar..."

She hangs up.

She's actually surprised she managed to sleep through the whole night? ......."JJ" she smiles in realisation.

"Who was that? " JJ walks into the room with Lilly in his arms, the sight warms her heart.

"My mum" she sighs. "She wants me to come home"

"Oh.... Are you gunna go?"

"no" she replies shaking her head "I'll let her sweat for a bit longer"

"Well you can always stay here whenever you need, I just want you to know that"

"Thanks JJ"

They smile at each other. Kiara was unsure if she was reading him right or not, sometimes she felt that maybe , just maybe he felt something for her, just like she does for him. I mean they did almost kiss the other day if her mum hadn't came in, she wonders what would have happened if she didn't.

Everything just felt so backwards, your 'supposed' to meet someone, fall in love and then have a baby but if she was being really honest with herself, she wasn't hating how this was turning out. She's known from the night of the party that JJ was different, special, interesting, but also ..... complicated and .... Confusing,  but she didn't care, she wanted to be around him.

Kiaras phone buzzes again, snapping her out of thought.

Dad: come home pls

She ignores the message

Her phone buzzes again.

Dad: it's urgent!

"Your mum?" JJ asks

"My dad" she sighs

"It's ok if you need to leave for a bit, I can look after Lilly"

"You sure you'll be alright on your own?"

"Definitely! Besides I'm not on my own, John B's here" he laughs

She raises an eyebrow. "Ok. if your sure"

"I am"

"Thank you" she kisses him on the cheek, then turns her attention to Lilly, not noticing the blush on JJ's face.

"Bye"

"See ya" he waves before gently grabbing Lilly's tiny hand making it wave aswell.

———————————————————————————

Kiara takes a deep breath before entering her house.

"Dad?!" She called out, looking around.

"In here" she hears his voice coming from the front room.