PWAHOO SHORTS: Part 2

(second part, cause why not.)

The earth trembled in-a fear, as WAR raged on-a. Gunshots were heard for miles, deadly weapons were-a fired at other deadly weapons, WAR truly showed the worse-a side of humanity. One where compassion and kindness are-a put to the side, one where anger, bravery and adrenaline filled the soldiers-a.

It was-a tiring. Sleepless nights in fear of-a the enemies attacking, seeing my fellow men, men with-a family, friends, and some a wife-a to go home to, die such-a gruesome deaths.

"SHIT! THERE'S MORE! COME ON!" Our commander yelled at us-a.

We were catching some-a Zs, after our squad cleared an enemy base-a. It-a seems we missed a few.

I immediately woke up, and-a grabbed my shotgun, the horrors me and-a my shotgun have-a done.

i woke up Antonio. We were the last-a members of our squad that-a remained. There were-a two more, they-a died while we were clearing out-a the base.

We rushed out of our camp-a, as we heard running and gunshots behind us.

We were running through a dense-a forest, trying to go back to our main-a base, until...

"PEPPINO!"

A chill ran-a down my spine, as i looked-a back at Antonio.

...

He-a stepped on a landmine.

"ANTONIO!" I yelled at-a him. I saw fear in his eyes-a, but what happened next scarred me for-a life.

The fear in his eyes-a, it slowly turned into acceptance when we-a heard voices and running behind-a him.

"Go, Peppino." He said to me, in a calm-a voice.

"PEPPINO, COME ON!" Our leader yelled at me.
"We cant-a just leave him here! There's-a gotta be a way!"
Our leader held my shoulder, before-a breaking the news to me.
"I'm sorry, Peppino, but we can't save him! Even if the enemy wasn't hunting us down, Anton stepped on a landmine! Infact, it's a MIRACLE that he hasn't blown up yet!"

I-a felt defeated.

My only friend-a, the one who-a helped me hold my sanity throughout-a these past few months, was gonna die-a.

With no choice, i-a followed my leader's commands and got out of there-a.

I dared to look back, and i saw a giant explosion-a.

-----------------------

"ANTONIO!" i yelled-a. Gustavo was looming over me, confused-a.

"Peppino! What's going on?!"

"I had-a that nightmare again-a.." i replied.

"Peppino..."

Gustavo sat-a next to me.

"Look, it wasn't your fault that Anton died. We all make mistakes."

I-a calmed down, before resting my head-a on the wall of the camp.

"Thanks, Gus."

(Hope you liked the 2 short stories! I wanted to focus on the PT cast for a while, and wanted to give Peppino some of that SWEET SWEET ANGST...)

(oh yeah, Antonio was supposed to be a reference to Anton, from Antonblast. he's not dead in this crossover by the way, the Anton that died was Peppino's childhood friend)