🔎1️⃣ : Elevens gone and Hospitals

After the abrupt end to their conversation, Liza and Steve found Nancy and Johnathan on the front steps of the Byers home

After the abrupt end to their conversation, Liza and Steve found Nancy and Johnathan on the front steps of the Byers home. They agreed that they should head back to the Middle School, so with Steve tagging along - much to Liza's annoyance - they piled into Steve's car. Nancy had immediately hopped into the back with Johnathan, which left Liza to sit in the front beside the very person she didn't want to be near.

The entire drive to the school was silent. Liza stared out the window beside her, ignoring the not so subtle glances Steve was giving her. It was clear to her that the boy hadn't taken her words to heart but she didn't have the time to wonder why. She was too focused on seeing the boys and Eleven. She assumed that by now they had gotten into the cafeteria kitchen and raided it for every drop of pudding.

The scene they pulled up to told a different story. Liza's stomach churned as surrounding Hawkins Middle School was police cars and ambulances. Their lights illuminate the night sky, sending Liza's thoughts into the darkest of places. She wasted no time, throwing the car door open before Steve had even parked. She ran headfirst into the crowd, leaving the others behind.

Calling out Dustin's name, all of the kids' names while she ducked under a police man's arms. She began to shove anyone who tried to stop her, she refused to stop until she found her brother. The blonde wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she had left them alone and they had gotten hurt.

When Liza's eyes finally landed on Dustin, a relieved sob fell from her lips. Her feet carried her faster than her brain could process. Falling to her knees beside him, she pulled him into a bone crushing hug. He held her back just as tightly, burying his face into her shoulder. Both siblings were glad that, for the most part, the other was okay. Dustin was the first to pull away, looking at all the cuts and bruises forming on Liza's face.

"Where did you go?" Dustin asked, his lip trembling when he saw the bandages on her arm and hand. They were soaked in blood and definitely weren't there when he had last seen her. "How did you get hurt?"

"I went with Nancy and Johnathan back to the house. We were trying to lure the Demogorgon away from the Upside Down." Liza told him, wiping away some dust from his cheek. "It worked but I got too close and it got me. It would have been worse if it wasn't for Harrington."

"I'm sorry? Harrington was there?" Dustin asked in shock. "Like. . . Steve Harrington?"

As Liza told him about Steve's involvement, Dustin's eyes roamed the crowd until they landed on the boy. He didn't know anything about Steve Harrington other than the fact that he was Nancy's boyfriend and the things that Mike and Liza had told them. As far as he was concerned based on the information, the teen seemed like a total tool, he even had the perfectly styled hair to prove it. That was until tonight. Steve had saved Liza, his sister, from what was surely her death. Like he could feel Dustin's stare, Steve looked over to the boy and gave an awkward wave. With as much respect and gratitude he could put on his face, Dustin gave him a nod before turning his attention fully back to Liza.