What Do I Have To Do To Surpass You?

Notes:

坊や - bōya, meaning 'boy' in japanese
- I observed it being used a lot in subs and took to using it before 'shounen' was added to All Might's overall vocab

少年 - shounen, meaning 'boy' or 'juvenile' in japanese
- commonly used by All Might to young male students (get your mind out of the gutter this is not homosexual pedophilia-)

I'm sorry guys, Bakugo is a little OOC because I wanted to let out my sass and so I projected on him. 😖. Utterly repentant to disappoint but he's now creative with his insults 😝 yay me.

Days went by in dull succession. Bakugo went to school, the middle school that he had also went to, stepped on the ground he had also stepped on every day, and ate where he had spent the best moments of his life.

'And those moments truly had to have been his most relieving.' Bakugo thought bitterly, sitting down near the concrete rail.

He was high, really high up, on the top of the middle school. At midday, the sun shined down on his back and hair and made his exposed skin prickle, head bent down to hide his eyes from both the sunlight and the shame.

His back to the city line, Bakugo ate the curry his mom had made him, not paying much attention to it. It seemed foreign in his mouth, bland and a chore to chew.

How his mom even still looked at him he didn't know. He had to admit, she didn't know what he did, she only saw a teen desperately resenting himself. For no reason. But Bakugo had every intention to continue banging himself up.

Sighing, Bakugo just stopped eating, decidedly stuffing the curry back to his backpack and travelling down the stairs to the inside of the school, ignoring everyone and everything.

That school day passed once again, as his mundane schools days always did, and Bakugo took notes and studied and did tests the way he was supposed to, but he felt as if he was watching his body from outside. He was there, but his vision strobed even when he was completely steady, and he did not care for what he did or said.

Bakugo had a feeling he would've been disappointed.

When Bakugo got home he didn't even consciously think of his mom or dad slow dancing in the kitchen, as they had taken to doing in fear of loss, and he just trudged up to his room and closed the door silently. Bag slipping out of his grasp, it fell loosely to the ground, the textbooks and homework sounding hollow against the wooden but carpeted floor. Moving to his bed as if a robot, he turned, slamming backwards into the creaky mattress.

Lying down on his bed, his eyes did not part with the ceiling for hours, even after Mitsuki had slipped his dinner through the crack in door.

That week ended that night, a night Bakugo spent desperately trying to do anything but just lie there, and ultimately failing in that, effort forgotten.

.

"Brat." Bakugo turned to face his mother at the door, her stern face soft with worry. He scowled, he hated when she looked at him as if he was a fragile piece of china.

Bakugo huffed. "Hag." He greeted back, with less of his usual bite.

Mitsuki sighed, walking into the kitchen. Bakugo knew better than to ignore that so he followed her, sitting down at one end of the island table as Mitsuki stands at the other end, leaning forward onto the white marbled surface and staring at Bakugo with a slightly unreadable expression.

"What's happening, Brat?" Mitsuki asked, sighing.

Bakugo felt a wall seem to go up between his mom and him, and he looked away. "Nothing's happening." He said.