Still Standing Up

Woohoo! I was so waiting for the Stain Arc- because afterward is the final emotional arc of Bakugo and the end, and I can start planning the entrance of Deku in the sequel.

I'm also excited for some oneshot ideas- maybe I've hit a good day for writing.

弟 - Otōto, meaning little brother in Japanese
- I think I first read it with Sanemi and Genya
  - a moment of silence...

親父 - Oyaji, hope you remember from previous chapters 👍

黙ってろよ - Damattero Yo, you should remember this one as well

The night of the first day with Torino, Bakugo snuck right out of the guest bedroom and to an alleyway- starting to try incorporating One For All differently by jumping off of walls.

Coming back, Torino inquired about his whereabouts and Bakugo explained, to which Torino replied "Well of course you're having a hard time, Toshinori couldn't teach you well because he had the right mindset from the start!"

"Are you trying to imply I'm struggling?" Bakugo had snapped.

He thinks him and Torino are both the best and worst combo- they basically shout at each other all the time and Torino said he's lucky he doesn't live near anyone- otherwise he'd get a lot of noise complaints with them shouting and banging around fighting in the living room.

"It was hard for Toshinori to get his Quirk, since it was passed down by a late friend." Torino had said as they spoke.

Bakugo raises an eyebrow- though trying to be respectful cause he's sure he would've broken down if Deku died and left behind a Quirk instead of just books, memories, and a ghost. "Oh. If you wouldn't mind telling me, who was the predecessor?" He wondered.

Torino stares at Bakugo- but before anything can happen, the doorbell rings.

After Torino gives Bakugo a look that says 'I'm 64, you fucking get it,' Bakugo goes to the door and carries in the heavy rectangular package, putting it down.

Torino gets out a steak knife and cuts through the cardboard (that's right, the cardboard, not the tape) pulling out a brand new microwave.

"This must be to replace the one I broke yesterday!" Torino says cheerfully. "If that's the case, c'mon, let's eat breakfast!"

Bakugo follows Torino to the kitchen where he instructs him to microwave some Taiyaki- so Bakugo gets out the frozen treats and puts them on an elliptical plate, putting them in the microwave.

When the time is up, he takes them up and serves them to Torino- who excitedly digs in.

"Half of this is cold!" Torino shouts, throwing the fork clear across the kitchen.

"Deal with it!" Bakugo snaps. "Dumb fuck! Or eat the fucking hot side!"

"Don't fucking swear at me! I'm your elder!" Torino quips. "You put the plate in wrong! Redo this, dumb shit!"

Bakugo clicks his tongue. "Don't fucking swear at me! I'm your student!" He snatches the plate from Torino, switching it for a smaller plate and fixing the one in the microwave. He makes sure it turns, before heating the Taiyaki again, and giving it to Torino.

While doing this, he realizes something about his Quirk that he would never have attributed to microwaves. He only heated one part of the Taiyaki- and it might be the same with One For All. He only ever let it be restricted to one body part at a time- so he might need to practice spreading it through his whole body instead.

"Oyaji." Bakugo murmurs as Torino eats- Bakugo having already scarfed down one of them.

"Yes, dumb shit?" Torino looks up.