The Ghost On The Beach

Notes:

いいえ - Īe, meaning 'nope' in japanese
- you'd noticed being used a lot in dramatic 'you guessed my trump card wrong here's a rundown' anime scenes.

すごい - Sugoi, meaning 'amazing' in japanese
- used a lot in scenes with kids

本当に - Hontōni, meaning 'really' in japanese
- doubtful Deku...?

Not even counting the building itself, the entrance exam atmosphere was already breath taking.

When Bakugo stepped through those gates, he felt the tension pile onto his shoulders- groups of students from multiple different schools, friend groups, cities, all walking in with one shared goal- all to be part of that 0.2% in the hero course. Whoever you see across from you, on the other side of the yard from you, the chances you'll see them again are so low it could be considered a miracle. All these people squeezed into some kind of a bottleneck with one way out- passing or quitting.

Bakugo never had doubts for applying to UA, but the sheer amount of people flooding into the courtyard and the amount of hostility radiated in the atmosphere for just, well, trying to take a spot in that 40/20,000 was something Bakugo hadn't prepared for.

Am I turning soft? Do I give a fuck what these extras think? Bakugo pointed out to himself in his mind.

Ignoring the atmosphere, the vast size of the space also appalled Bakugo. Coming from the crappy middle school he did, Bakugo found the humongous architectural wonder of a building in front of him a boast to the prestigious hero program everyone wanted to take.

It was glass, black concrete, and steel beams, and just the bottom floor had to be over 10000 yards squared of space. Maybe more, Bakugo never had a knack for this.

The courtyard surrounding the big building was worse. Each part was landscaped- with spiderwebbing grey bricked roads crawling from a concrete floor ring around the building. The whole thing was landscaped, if it wasn't a road it was a garden, a green space, a forest. People seemed to seep into the building from the outside, congesting as they reach the doors.

Bakugo walked in with all the other kids, hands in his pockets, backpack slung over his shoulder. He looks to see on the large board directly inside the building that the auditorium had random seats, so Bakugo grabbed a slip with his seat number on it (randomized), and then moved to find it in the humongous auditorium.

After stepping on a few feets and switching to a few aisles he finds the right seat, sitting down, pencil in hand, twirling it in boredom. The auditorium fills up gradually, people settling in seats beside him and in front and basically just chatter growing into the large space with Bakugo sitting in the middle with uninterest.

"Welcome to the UA exam!" A blonde at the front shouted- Present Mic, the Voice Hero. The man was so loud he didn't even need a microphone, and he just used a bit of his quirk. He waits but a second as the auditorium almost instantly silences in anticipation.

Even Bakugo ceased tapping his foot, he at least wanted to hear out the man so that he could pass the exam.

Present Mic seemed to smile flashingly, glasses moving up a bit, before continuing. "This is the place where 20000 UA hopefuls will be taking the exam! First off, we got the paper exam, second off, we got the physical exam. I'll explain the latter in time." Present Mic decides.

"Right now, we'll be doing the written exam. It's a 100 question exam and you'll be getting two hours to complete as much of it as you can. It's got a lot to do with Grades 7-9 so that we know you've got a brain on your shoulders, and then some about hero studies, so we know you've got a hero's brain on your shoulders. In the end there will be a short Quirk analysis on a random hero." Present Mic says. "You'll find the test in the desk drawer in front of you. Best of luck, and Plus Ultra!" He bows his head, the auditorium giving him back a vast echo of his words before silencing gradually through the rustle of papers.