Chapter 2: A Unintentional Meeting

"The best things happen when we least expect them to.."

{HER POV} (A few days later):

I once again set out on another walk through the city. Trying to rid my mind of the man who had left me speechless a few nights back. Now I see that, playing it off like I don't know and I don't want to know will get me no where. Plus it's a small world and from the looks of him, he lives out here in New York. My mama always said if you do wrong, wrong follows. But what about when you were doing right and wrong still follows you? He looked like you're typical bad boy, with the way he was masked up.

But those eyes...

That was really the only thing you could see. He has to be a godsend with the way he was glowing in the restaurant. It still gives me the shivers when I think back to him. Why am I even wondering about him? I hate this and I don't like him... okay maybe I lied. There was a little bit of confusion in my heart but that's all good because it won't happen again. It can't happen again. We won't meet again right? That's just almost very much impossible... right?

I looked up at the sunset along the Brooklyn Bridge. It looked so beautiful. I hate heights but this was worth it, I wasn't alone either, there was other people, mostly couples on a evening stroll through the city and other tourist. Taking pictures of the sunset or themselves on the bridge. I wondered if that's what I was supposed to be doing. Instead of day dreaming and fantasizing about a guy that doesn't even know me, much less even want me.

But here I am. Just wishing I could see him again... don't judge me I know I said we won't ever meet again. But damn can you blame me. It was one moment in time I'd go back and do it all over again.. well maybe less shy and more bold in finding out his name at the very least. Time moves so fast nowadays, every second becomes a memory.

As I walked alone I began to feel uneasy. It felt like someone or something was watching me. So I turned around and began to walk in the other direction. My heart beating faster by the second, with every step I took. Heavy breaths. Constant pressure on my lungs. My heart was skipping several beats. Fear penetrated my subconscious and made my whole body felt exposed. No no no no. Not right now. Not me. What the fuck?

I looked back slightly only to find a man in all black following me. Keeping up with my speed greatly and without fail. One of his hands was on his pockets and the other one looked balled up into a fist. I turned back to look in front of me, preparing myself to run. Who the fuck is that? What do they want? Are they after me? So many thoughts and not enough answers. I didn't have time to wonder if it was me they were after or someone else. All I know is they look dangerous and like they could do me harm. And I'm not talking bout no punch in the face and that's it.. they look like they wanna kill me. But for what? What did I do?

I wasn't afraid of death. I'm still not even with this going on right now. I'm just afraid of dying before I get to say goodbye. And that was enough for me to charge across the street in utter fear and anxiety. My skirt rose up with the wind, I didn't care. My life was on the line. I looked back to find the man following me started to run too. So he is after me? I ran faster with all the power in my legs that I could. I won't die tonight. Not this way.

Almost instantly my mind remembered the way to the hotel. And I followed the path with so much adrenaline in me I ran almost like the flash. Hopping over things that were in my way, ducking and dodging everyone and everything. Going into crowds of people, to slow him down. Who is this? No matter what I did though, he stayed hot on my trail.

I looked back again and saw that he had pulled his weapon out of his jacket and it was a silver gun. But it was small, just about the size of a revolver. How could I see that in perfect detail? Because I'm running for my life, this is life or death, or possibly just a serious injury if I'm lucky. He looked as if he was about to aim for me, so I had to make a decision. The hotel was a few feet in-front of me but if I ran that way he would easily shoot me with a straight shot. Or I could go in a different direction and throw him off. Which one?