Chapter 13: Life As We Know It

"Silence is the key to destruction, but it's also the only way to have peace..."

HER POV {4 Months Later}:

Everything is okay. I guess. I miss him with each passing second. But I had to get out of that city. My heart beats anytime I see something that reminds me of him. What he said and taught me will never go unused.

I feel lifeless without you..

My mama was so happy when she saw me. I looked torn and beaten. This world is such a dark place but it does have its good. He is good. Everyone calls him crazy. Everyone speaks down on him. The world is watching him and waiting for him to fuck up. But me. All I want to see is his smile. I made it out of there by a thread.

God blessed a child that could hold their own...

As the last of the fall air filled my lungs I couldn't help but think of Benny's curly hair and his small squinted eyes. His smile that could shake a room if he wanted. I wonder what he could be doing without me in his life right now? Probably prospering greatly. I wanted to be his good luck charm and hold him down when need be. But I couldn't be that. College is not as eventful as my summer was. I just wish he could find me.

Walking out of the doors of the school I headed towards my car at the end of the day. Another day filled with knowledge with a lack of excitement. His voice.. I miss it. Especially when he wakes up in the middle of the night to tell me to move. It was a harsh wake up call but at least it was one. I smiled to myself strapping my seatbelt in the slot and putting my car into drive. Thinking about him all the way home. And I can't even deny I think I love him more and more now that I'm miles apart.

If I'm being honest it feels like a dream. Like I walked out of a wonderland of chaos. My heart began to scream as the wind from outside touched my skin and flash backs threatened me. His warmth and how it flooded my body. Everything about him. Making me wish I stayed a little while longer but I had to get away for my own sake for the business I left unattended.

"I'm home."

I closed the door of my moms apartment quietly putting my key back into my pocket

"Okay."

She stated as she walked past me and into her bedroom

Kids flying through the house annoyingly already but the thought of him kept me calm as it has always. I wonder if on days like this does he miss me laying in his bed on bed rest from being shot and unable to move. Or helping me to the bathroom. What about when I cling to him like a koala bear the night we were finally about to have sex but never did. His skin is so soft and thick and for him to be skinny he's buff as hell. I never knew I'd meet an Asian that treated me like his princess. Even though it was aggressive I really feel like he loved me. And for him to sit there and take a bullet to the chest for me...

I plopped down on my bed as the kids ran part the open doorway. I'm too far into my thoughts it's making my heart squeeze in my chest. Please come back to me Benny. That's all I've been saying every day all day since I left. He found me once I know he'll find me again. Even though I had to nearly die before he saved me from my kidnappers. I believe what dd had once said about him being able to bite a bullet. That man stared death in the eyes emotionless and from what I could tell he was fearless too. They say the eyes are the key to the soul. The only thing I could see in his eyes was the need and the desire to have me back in his strong loving arms.

Right or wrong I don't blame him for killing dd. That bitch betrayed me. If I'm being honest I didn't betray him it was him who turned on me when Benny pulled up. Even though in my right mind I knew Benny may have had a dark side but he'd never even lay his hands on me aggressively. The most he'd do was snatch me by the hoodie or the collar. Never my flesh and bone directly. So how would he have killed them girls and when you listen to him this man just wants to be vulnerable and loved for it. Even the toughest people need someone to sit them down and hold them when need be and in my opinion I am that person for him.

In knowing all of this I've come to the conclusion that they weee jealous that he had found someone who actually loved him for him and wanted to watch him suffer while taking an innocent life. There was no real reason to shoot and try to kill me or chase me all throughout Manhattan. Only a jealous motherfucker with horrible and inhumane intentions would do that. Then having to go into hiding and get kidnapped and beaten on for no reason that was valuable enough at all. I stared straight into the ceiling missing his face when he looked at me from the comfort of his gaming chair just to ask if I was okay.

"ANIYAH!"

I looked up in a rush to see my mother standing in the doorway angry

"I'm sorry I was zoned out. What's wrong ?"

She shook her head and held out her hand

"I just need the batteries for my controller that's all. Pay attention next time."

I nodded handing her the batteries...

My interaction battery is low and I no longer feel like thinking. I miss him and I hope he comes to hold me soon..

We will meet again...