Chapter 12: Separate Paths

"I saved her life but she saved me from the darkness, while making me rethink life.."

HIS POV {4 Months Later}:

It's been 4 months since I saw her. After she was taken into the surgery room I had fainted from the amount of blood loss. And I was taken into a room too. But by the time I had woken up it was a week later. She was already gone and discharged from the hospital two days before I woke up. The doctors told me she lived but she had several head injuries so she ended up developing a short term memory loss. So something's she remembered but some she didn't. She told the police about the lace she was taken to and how she was abused and they had shot her earlier than this occasion and she said after that everything else was foggy.

The doctor even gave me the note she left for me on the bedside next to me. She had also got me red roses and a few other variety flowers. I was fucked up finding out she lived and I didn't get to see her but it is what it was I guess. This was a crazy ass summer and I think it's one that will forever go down in history. I ended finding my soulmate and then chaos struck. And look at me the villain in everyone's story finally saves someone. I wonder if she remembered what I said to her in the car after that entire event. Because I meant it. I took a bullet for her. And she took hella beatings and bruises for me. I still love her and like she told me, I can forget about her or how she makes me feel.

Aniyah.

She has such a beautiful name. Her smile and her aura is everything to me. Her small perfectly shaped lips and the way they try to cover mine. Her tiny voice and her eyes. When she whispers to me when she's falling asleep makes my heart beat 12 times harder against my ribcage. Her beautiful eyes and the way they get lighter when she's excited or happy and darker when she's sad angry or sleepy. Her weird love for food she doesn't even finish eating. When she held that gun in her hands for the first time. Feeling the way I felt when I shot someone for her. The night I saw her in that restaurant getting pizza. Then once more when she was bleeding outside my door. Her little hands that can't fit into mine yet she wants it to so bad. How she is literally me if I was softer and more loving in a females body.

She's just perfect. I don't even know how to describe her without feeling that pain in my chest rise and fall again. I hate that I'm so far from her. All I remember her saying is that she's from Memphis Tennessee. Maybe I need to take a trip there. I wanna see her alive and well. Regardless of the situation that had occurred. I made her life a living hell and if she didn't know what that was she definitely does now. I thought she had betrayed me but she was only trying to survive. I can understand that. It would've been different if things had turned out how they did with JJ. Another young nigga lost to the game but at least my heart survived and we got all their money. So I guess that was a gain. The police raided that location and found the dead bodies and the other people they were holding hostage and had turned into whores. Some crazy shit that was if I'm being honest.

But back to the note she had wrote it so pretty and legible signing her signature on the bottom. It read:

Dear Benny,

I'm sorry I had to write this to you and not be able to say it in person. But I thank you for this crazy ass summer. I almost died twice since I met you. Would I be crazy to say I'd do it all over again? If it meant I could be with you a little longer. But only time will tell. I had to leave because as I was dying in the car with you, I realized I have unfinished business in this world that I have to take care of. Never have I ever been on the brink of death and didn't mind being that way.

Nevertheless once I'm done with my business and everything I will meet you again. Come find me if you will. Let's have a normal date that we didn't get to go to. I love you. Way more than you know and I know there's still things I don't know about you. But my heart is beating every second at the very thought of you. I heard everything you said and I promise I won't leave this world no time soon.

You took a bullet for me, which is something no one has ever done or said they'd do. I don't even know how to describe the way my heart skipped several beats and not just because I e dying. You've truly opened my eyes up to a world I never saw myself entering. For that I will pay you back with these flowers which is a peace offering. As each one dies you'll be one step closer to me. Keep them alive as long as you can. And I promise the day they all die you'll see me again.

I love you Benny don't you ever forget that or me. Until we meet again..

With  much love and kisses,
-Aniyah Alexander

I read this note every single day just thinking about the way she probably would have said if she was here. The flowers are still alive but slowly dying as it gets colder outside. My mother and my home boys even misses her. That's quite new to me. They all said they miss how I used to smile at my phone and how we used to be all over each other. I can't even lie like I don't miss it too. She changed her number and discarded her old phone for safety reasons. And she didn't remember my number.

I miss her terribly but I know that one day soon I'll see her smiling at me when I hug her in person again..

Soon...