Chapter 7: They're Watching

"Love is like a flower, it can only bloom in loving environments..."

{Her POV}[A Few Days Later]

Long story short the last few days has been amazing. He's still going easier on me and he hasn't been under the influence. Although he hasn't brought up what happened that night. Well what he said. Every time I mention the word he used he just ignores me. Literally I get no response. Weird. But anyways he's been soft and kind to me. Constantly asking me how I'm doing and feeling. I found it odd but it was sweet and reassuring as well. He gives me small pecks on the lip now before he leaves and that send those emotions inside all over the place. All my ass can do is giggle and squeal. Truly I love it and it's fun.

    He cuddles me some nights and others he lets me lay in his arms. Only time he doesn't is when he's really exhausted, with his hair all over his head, already in the bed, arms folded under his head, snoring softly, and with the cover not fully on him. That's more progress than it was at first. He's getting more comfortable with me and I am with him as well. I think I wanna move from the talking stage... it's been basically a month a few days since we met and I've been living with him. Temporarily of course. Just until I go on back home to Memphis.

The more I think about leaving the sadder I get. I don't want to leave him or this state but I'm a wanted individual so I have to go now. I don't want them trying to kill us both. I thought that might be their "devious plan". Lopez told me those boys are just itching to drill and they choosing the wrong one (me) to go after. I haven't done anything to anyone outside of being slightly interesting in the eye of Dino. He's low key making known that he wants to be with me. I'm thinking about it. Can't make a full out decision just yet.

But it is weighing heavily on my mind....

~~~~~~~~

"You have fun?"

I closed the door behind me inhaling deeply

"The only thing that was fun about that was your presence there with me."

He laughed softly and started the car

"Sometimes you have to kill things that move. No one will stand in one spot forever and wait to be shot."

He could've warned me what the hell I was about to do

"That shit is exhausting. Not you taking out every target in a blink of the eye. Fucking show off."

He pulled his personal gun out and showed me

"Automatics does the trick most times, when it comes to those kinds of situations. Don't depend on the gun though, you gotta depend on your ability to complete the mission."

I looked at the two guns in my lap

"So one of these is a 45 automatic colt pistol and this one is a silencer with a beam and a drum. Ain't that a little much especially just to be 'protection' Lopez."

I had the guns in my hand and looked at them intently highly intrigued

"Yeah. You shouldn't get caught with those. You know they're illegal right? But you have a permit, so hopefully you'll be fine. They're great defense weapons if any of those motherfuckers try to hurt you."

I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the lips putting the guns back into the backpack it came in

"Thank you my love."

He swerved a little bit because he was caught off guard

"My..?"

I didn't respond I just zipped the bag up and leaned my head against the window