Chapter 6: First Day Out

"One day with the right person could feel like heaven but on earth..."

{HER POV}

12 days...

It's been 12 days since what happened the last time we got that close to each other happened. Needless to say we just been keeping our distance. We never talked about what I had mentioned that night. I figured that was all he needed to know. Time flew by in the blink of an eye. Before we both knew it my bullet wound was closed up and basically healed. I still needed to remain in his care though. I still had a few days before I was able to completely just stop the treatment he was giving me. If I'm being honest I didn't want this to end. Yeah I know I had said so much in the beginning about him but he's really not that bad. Maybe because he feels bad?

How would I know though? He keeps his feelings to himself more now than he did before. We have conversations but not about the things we really needed to discuss. I wanted to tell him my name on so many occasions but he just goes quiet. I really feel like I should say something but he did push me to the side that night with his friends. I know what I said should've been minimized and said in private but also he did something too. Why would you even get so far in that moment and stop? We both just need to get our shit together equally as fast.

Now it's been rare that his friends come over but he's been leaving the house more. Leaving me to be confined to his room only. Most times I couldn't even leave the bed. He switched my medication and this new stuff makes me hella more sleepy than the other one did. Maybe it's for my own good? He wouldn't hurt me right? I know what I said but I said not physically.

Anyways I finished getting ready to go out with him for the first time. He's taking me on a proper tour of the land before my trip ends. Which is in less than a month and 2 more weeks. He told me to suit up.. what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I just threw on a beige hoodie, some black ripped jeans, my white high top forces, and a black Covid mask. I dreaded my hair too. He said it was best if I changed my look. I don't know if he was being an asshole or genuine. But I did it anyways.

  I also dreaded his hair too because he was so hell bent on that being his new hairstyle. We dressed alike the only difference was he wore a black ski mask, beige air Jordan's, and our skin tones. He told me that we both were gonna keep our hoods on so that we wouldn't draw too much attention to ourselves. Always watch your surroundings but don't make it obvious and never let your guard down. He's been teaching me how to shoot a gun because I lack that skill. After the first time he showed me and I tried it, I almost instantly became a pro.

Some nights I'd hear him on the game telling his friends "keep fucking with me imma get my girl to shoot you through the face from the back of your head to ya front.". Very descriptive right? That's what I said when I first heard him say that shit. Outside of him calling them a few passive aggressive racist slurs he's been threatening them with me. So now when they see me they believe imma try to do some shit like that. I don't really care much about it or them so uhm they have nothing to worry about. He's also been teaching me self defense and a tad bit of karate. Mostly the shit to kill a nigga in seconds. He would never let me practice on him though. I wonder why? That was rhetorical by the way.

~~~{Fast Forward}~~~

As soon as we walked out the doors to his apartment complex we put our hoods on and headed to his car. This wasn't the first time I'd been outside, when he teaches me self defense, he takes me to where his dad stays, and we practice there. But that's really the only other place I've been at outside of here. So in lack of better terms this wasn't my first rodeo. Hoods on when we go outside and keep the windows up.

  I put my seatbelt on and held on to the seat, because when this nigga take off we be about to blast off in this bitch. The thing that threw me off was that we didn't leave off that fast, he actually drove slow. Well at a normal persons speed and took me around Manhattan. We saw many pretty buildings and most included stairs and lights wrapped around the place. Many little cafes and restaurants and corner stores that were all bunched together. He pointed out some of his favorite places as we went deeper downtown. He genuinely started to enjoy himself the more he elaborated on the buildings and their history.