Chapter 5: Heartbeat

"She told me the truth, I didn't know how to feel, so my heart just started pounding against my chest...."

{HIS POV}(After The Conversation):

Life is so strange..

  I just sat there pondering on what she had just said. So she really thinks I'll hurt her? I don't even hit women and I told her that. That's probably the only thing I'm offended about even though I know that's probably not even what she was referring to. I don't know what she thinks that I could possibly do to her. I mean why didn't she just have this conversation with me in private? I know I seemed intrigued but truly if it would be that bad she should've pulled me to the side. Eh but it's whatever it's all said and done. Sha looked at me and I just shrugged taking another hit of the blunt. Although he did seem truly worried about me.

"Damn son, Why'd you send her out of here like that? Is it because it's true?"

I couldn't make direct eye contact with him, I knew why I did it but I didn't wanna tell them

"No. Because she was talking too much."

I said it firmly so that he knew not to continue to press about it

"Type shit. Did you hear her though?"

I blew out the smoke and nodded my head

"Loud and clear."

The room ran quiet until one of the guys asked to play the game. I just sat quietly telling them to go ahead with a nod of my head. They cut the game on and played to their hearts content. My heart was beating fast and heavily against my chest for the first time in my lifetime. Well towards a girl. Listening to the voices in my head they told me to told to go and talk to her to try and figure out what did I do to make her think like that. But a part of me already knew why. I did tell her that I don't do the love shit. And no, we not gone talk about that fact that I'm actually falling in love with her. To be honest I don't know how that's suppose to feel or what it's supposed to look like. So no I don't really know how to express it or how to do it.

Ever since I met her I had been feeling some type of way. Since the moment I first talked to her, she reminds me of myself. Humble but then a bit arrogant. But when she's being arrogant it just sounds cute as hell. Oh and you can't forget about her anger issues. That's not so bad though because we all know short people just got raging anger issues. Would she change her mind if I let her in? I mean we are more alike than we know. I almost felt my soul shake after I thought about that. Even after dismissing it, I felt it lingering in the back of my mind.

  This girl... She really is something isn't she? I couldn't bring myself to get mad at her, even if I really wanted to. It's just these feelings are becoming a lot and it's complicating. I have to stop my heart from overriding my brain. But how? I've never felt this way before. My heartbeat started to beat louder in my chest, all I could do was sigh heavily and put out the blunt I was smoking. So what the fuck am I supposed to do now?

After overcrowding my head with thoughts specifically about her, I got up from the couch and headed to my room. I took a look at my phone as I went to open the door. I didn't realize an hour had passed by since that conversation. As I closed the door behind me I was greeted with silence and quiet breathing... so she went to sleep? But just to be sure I walked over to the bed to see if I was wrong. Only to be greeted with more quiet snores.

  The more I looked at her I noticed her back was turned to me and she was facing the wall with the cover over her head. As odd as it sounds, that actually made me feel a bit better about being in here. I didn't automatically have to come into a conversation I wasn't mentally ready to have. I needed a moment to myself and, although I couldn't fully get a moment alone because she was in here, I'd rather be here than in there with a lot more people.