Chapter 8: Without A Trace

"The love we share is anything but fair, together we're the tortoise and the devil is the hare...."

{His POV}[Less than 2 nights later]

Me: Hey, you good?
Her: Yeah, sorry I was getting dressed. Meet you outside in 10?🧍🏾‍♀️
Me: Yeah, I'll be there soon. Lol reply a little quicker next time.
Her: Don't do too much. I said I was getting ready child. Lmaooo hurry up.😝
Me: Don't rush me nigga💀. I'm coming.
Her: that's what he said. Anyways racism is wild. 🥲
Me: Lmaoooooo😂😂😂

"Asian nigga did you hear what I said?"

I looked up to see JayJay talking to me

"All this unjustified racism."

That made everyone laugh

"Says the biggest racist in the group. Anyways who you texting that got all that's getting all your damn attention?"

I smiled and started laughing and Sha just shook his head

"Mane he texting his girl. I knew y'all were together, y'all don't even know each others name. This shit is crazy."

I shook my head no but he shook his yes

"We not together officially but we getting there. Not to sound like the females but we soulmates bro we don't need to know each others names to love each other."

Dot looked at me like I was lying

"Bruh be for real. Ion mean you sound like a female but you know you and ha together, and has been since yo delusional ass saw her in the restaurant that night."

I smirked getting up to leave

"Gotta move in slow. Like I did the other day."

I winked at the guys and left the apartment

Me: imma be there in 5 minutes okay?
Her: okay I'm walking out now, ion wanna be out here long, love
Me: don't worry my love I'll be there quicker than you think.

All I heard was oh my gods and damnnnns. These niggas something else. They my friends though, forreal that's family right there. I headed to the car and noticed it's been almost ten minutes. Shit.

I hurried up to the car and didn't even put my seatbelt on before I sped off to the house. Not missing a beat. I got stopped at almost every red light and texting her wasn't helping because she wasn't responding. Maybe she's just mad that I'm taking too long or hopefully went to sleep. I'm supposed to be taking her out tonight. I promised. Well not exactly I told her to put some clothes on and I'd be back at 8. It's now 8:11.

I made it to the house at 8:16 and got out the car looking for her. But she wasn't out there. A sharp pain formed not only in my chest but In my heart too. I ran up the 6 flights of stairs and into the apartment to find everything still and the same. As if nothing happened. I yelled for her but couldn't hear a response. Tears filled my eyes but I refuse to let them fall just like I refuse to let myself believe she's no where to be found. I searched the house top to bottom and around every little corner. Where the hell is she?

The only thing that remained of her was her clothes neatly put in the corner of the room. And the smell of the perfume she had to be wearing when she left. I kept calling and texting but still no answer and that was unlike her. I ran back downstairs and outside and tried calling again maybe she's just playing with me. But when I called again I got a rude awakening. I ran towards the sound of her phone which was about 5 steps from the entrance.