CHAPTER SIXTEEN

MIA

"I am so proud of all of you. We are doing it! The end of year school dance and fashion show looks absolutely spectacular. I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication," I say to my team of ten, feeling overwhelmed with gratitude.

"Yes, everything is good to go. But Mia, you still need to get ready! You're lucky that your displays and the fashion show are last in the evening," Cam says with a smile.

"Okay, okay, I'm going! If anything goes wrong, please don't hesitate to call me, okay?" I say as I check the arrivals through the blinds.

"So many parents are here, which is a great sign. Hopefully, we can raise even more money than last year!" I add excitedly.

"Relax, Mia. You've done an amazing job. Go get ready and enjoy the night," Cam says, pushing me out of the room. As I walk towards the dorm, I see so many students looking stunning. Some are already talking to their parents, while others are taking photos for social media. I spot Cass in the media room, playing her new song on the piano. She looks breathtaking in her dress and makeup, and I feel so proud of her. She is supposed to perform at the event, and I know she will do great.

I feel so proud of Cass as she is supposed to play at today's event. I am standing by the closed door, watching her through the glass pane as she finishes the melody when Alex walks up to her. I feel so confused. The last time Cass and I spoke, she told me she had been ignoring Alex for almost two weeks now. Is that all a lie? He gives her his hand, and she rises from her seat. He tells her something, which I can't really hear, and then he kisses her passionately. And she kisses him back. This is so confusing.

We made a pact that we would avoid the boys at all costs. Why then is she willingly kissing him like this? Like she has been doing it for a while now? Like she enjoys it? So many feelings pass through my head, and I find myself upset. I am not upset that she is happy, which when I look back at, she has been so happy of late. I just thought she was happy because we were making the most of our bad situations. I am upset that she is lying about it. We never hide anything from each other. I find myself running to our dorm room.

By the corridors, I pass by Ashley. Oh, come on. Not her! "The slut is running. Looking to lose weight before you wear your dress?" she says.

"Fuck off, Ash! I am seriously not in the mood for you right now," I say and try to pass her.

"Hhmm, well, payback is a bitch. Maybe you're in the mood to wear rags," she laughs, and I push past her. I don't pay attention to her words as I rush to the dorm.

I have an hour to spare by showering and getting dressed. I am so lucky that Cass is going to do my makeup for me. I get to the dorm room and find our door already unlocked. I don't pay attention to it because maybe Cass left in a hurry and left it unlocked.

I lock the door behind me and immediately start undressing as I walk into the bathroom to shower. I throw my clothes into the laundry hamper and turn the hot water on. I let out a breath of relief when the water falls on my body. I feel so exhausted. I have been working the whole week to have a perfect day today. My parents have sent a driver to deliver my channel dress for the day. I wash my body and do a full scrub. I then get out of the shower, wrap my body in a towel, and start drying off my hair using the drier.

Cass is going to help me do both my hair and makeup, so I only need it partly dry. When I finish, I walk into our bedroom to get dressed, and the sight I see makes my stomach turn. What the heck! My dress is on my bed in tatters and shreds. Omg. The room feels like it's spinning. I can't breathe properly. Fuck, a panic attack is what it is. Tears well in my eyes as I stand stuck to the ground.