Chapter 56

The dazzling sunlight illuminates the leaves of the palm trees emerald green.

In the palace courtyard, a pair of ducks with spots on their backs swim leisurely in the pool. Lotus leaves are squeezed out of the pool. The pink and white lotus flowers begin to wither. Under the extremely beautiful grape trellis that is tended by servants near the corner of the courtyard, a bunch of unfinished grapes grow. Ripe green grapes are too astringent to eat.

The black cat lay dejectedly on the stone table used for the royal harem to admire the beauty of the courtyard.

"well."

The black cat sighed.

This was the second day after the unpleasant incident between him and Jofar.

It knew that Yofar was angry, but it couldn't figure out the reason. Nefes and Hesse, as high priests, couldn't speak indiscriminately in front of Yofar. Beth could understand, but even the old lady who took care of it, Alina They all have an expression of 'I also know what's going on, but I won't tell you so you can guess it yourself'.

Beth's heart: ...Oh Minato.

Everyone knows it except you.

And we haven’t told you yet, even secretly!

It was as if if they told it, Jofar would not be happy but would be even more angry. Everyone looked at the dark uncle cat with angry and uncontested eyes, wishing they would sigh when passing by it, their eyes written You are so stupid.

"Meow——"

Damn, why on earth! Can’t you say something clearly? What the hell am I——?

Bess turned over in frustration and irritability, holding the cat's head with both paws and going crazy, biting the tail almost to the point of being bald.

Last night, it took the initiative to put its paws to Jofal's mouth. It was not a digger, but it still failed. Jofal didn't even touch it, and turned over to sleep with a cold face. How could it grab Yofal's behind? Er's shoulder, Jofar did not respond.

Bess thought he had remembered the paws wrongly, so he smelled them himself and said, "That's right, it smells like this."

Master Meow has always been coaxed by people, but when it was a cat who coaxed people, he realized that this is really a technical job. Today, Bess didn't get anything out of anyone, so he went to his favorite courtyard garden to relax, clear his mind, and reflect.

Although the palace is large, it only takes a month for a cat to appear in any place you think it will never appear.

When Beth first came to Egypt, she got the body of a cat and had a period of time where she could let herself go and have fun. She walked through almost every corner of the palace. Although she still got lost, she could always return to a familiar location as long as she climbed over the wall.

It regards several courtyards with good environment and few people as secret bases. These courtyards and palaces are divided separately in the palace. They should be the places where the wives and concubines of the pharaohs and princesses lived.

The Egyptians don't like to name the divided palaces. Instead, they call them "The Great Prince's Palace and the Second Prince's Palace" based on the people who live in them.

But among the current orthodox royal members of the palace, except for a few old priests, Jofar is the only one left. It stands to reason that these places will be abandoned by lazy attendants sooner or later, and will be abandoned after many years.

However, although Yofar didn't care about these things, he had such a fierce reputation that the servants under him didn't dare to perfunctory. Except for those who didn't dare to move, most of the palaces of the previous queens and two or three princes who were slaughtered by the new king Yofar were perfectly preserved.