Chapter 21

LONG CHAPTER!!!! Please vote, comment, and fan!:) Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

It was time.

I blinked as I surveyed Peter's form, spicy hot with a dash of gangster, his sandals adding a casual look. He was wearing a t-shirt with no sleeves, as if the sleeves had been cut off, and then he also had on black, baggy skinny jeans that ended at the ankle. Some chains danced along the side of his pants, his black flip flops making the whole outfit so crazy, it would look horrific on the wearer.

But not Peter.

He had constructed his outfit carefully, I could tell, but it was HIM who made the outfit look so good. His muscles strained against the t-shirt, his heavily tanned, bronzed arms coming from underneath the white fabric. His legs suited skinny jeans, a curious look I had not seen him pull off before, but it was an interesting change. It was loose, so it didn't fit to the form of his legs, but that would have been breathtaking even if it had. His face peeked out from layers and layers of his brown-blonde hair, bits and pieces specifically spiked to make himself more intimidating.

He led me out the door, his hand touching mine gently as we trooped down the stairs. He looked at me and grinned, his eyes skimming over my outfit in return.

For this occasion, I had chosen a deep red, sleeveless top. It was sparkly, shimmering with sequins, dancing down her form until it ended and my skirt started. It was puffy, a little, coming to the knee, with roses all over it. The puffy flares of the skirt boomed around me, boosting my figure somewhat, and giving myself the comfort that not everything I was wearing was skin-tight. Somehow, I didn't want Peter looking too much at me.

I would feel uncomfortable if he did so.

"Hey," he finally said as we both stood before his car.

"Hey," I replied, a strange silence filling the air. Quickly, almost robotically, he opened the car door, beckoning for me to get inside the extravagant luxury. My spirits lightened as I complied. The car always managed to cheer me up.

I sunk into the plush seats, waiting as Peter came around the side. He opened the car door, entering, then slamming it behind him. I watched his finger slide in and out, starting the engine.

We began driving to the amusement park which was about twenty minutes away. Peter looked at the road only, a careful, responsible driver. Words were not spoken, silence reigning.

Is this how it was going to be like on our whole date?

Peter looked at me, his eyes grave, then quickly returned his gaze to the road. "Do you know why Jared was sulking today? Did Sadie turn him down or something?" he queried, his rough voice caressing my listening ears. He seemed thoughtful, thinking carefully as he drove about Jared's previous strange behavior.

"You knew?!" I asked, frightened suddenly. Sadie had told Peter?

Peter laughed, sending tingles through my body. "Of course," he said gently, "I can see what's on my best friend's face." Relief flooded through me at his words. Now Jared could not get mad at me for telling someone.

"Kind of," I replied quietly, brushing a strand of my brown hair behind my ear, "she has a boyfriend, and she doesn't care for Jared."

Peter frowned. In the moonlight, shining onto the vehicle, Peter looked so much like Dex, his perfection illuminated by the white orb hanging above us. His brown hair was dark, the whisper of the wind brushing past us and ruffling his hair as it said goodbye. I watched him, wonder in my gaze. How can one normal guy be so beautiful?