16

(Second gala day)
Wilhelm

Wilhelm, well, Wilhelm was a bit... panicked is not the right word. Confused was more like it. He actually thought he knew as much about himself as he could. But now he was in a new identity crisis for which he would have been grateful if he had had it at fifteen and not twenty. He was also not so sure if there had ever been two regents of the same sex and if it was even allowed. One thing Wilhelm did know anyway was:

He did not regret a single bit of what had happened in the last hours. The contrary, he wanted it again. He wanted to feel Simon's light touch again. He wanted everything from the night and the following morning again.
Because the images did not leave him.
Simon above him, Simon below him, Simon in his arms lightly drooling on his shoulder while he slept. How Simon's eyelashes formed light shadows under his eyes and he looked peaceful. The image of Simon's fingers lightly gliding over the piano keys and only moments later over Wilhelm's chest; barely touching him and still letting Wilhelm feel like Simon wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"You look even more absent-minded than yesterday," Boris stated again, pulling Wilhelm out of his thoughts, "Did you give any more thought to what I said yesterday after all?" He adjusted the tie on Wilhelm's suit. The red from it made his brown eyes look even more well then before, Wilhelm noted, as he looked in the mirror. He nodded, to signal Boris he was happy with the end result, undid the suit jacket and placed it back over his chair.

"Maybe." Wilhelm paused, "Not just maybe. I thought about it some more and I think you were right. I just didn't really want to accept it as it seems." Boris gave a small smile at that. A knowing smile if Wilhelm was not mistaken.

"I understand that." Boris said after a short pause and settled down on the small sofa in Wilhelm's room. And since Wilhelm had the feeling that now a somewhat longer speech would come from Boris, he settled down on the bed, leaned forward and supported himself with his forearms on his legs. He looked down at the floor, a smile creping on his face, remebering sitting right there only hours earlier, Simon on top of him kissing his way down to... he stoepd right there.

"When I met my husband," -Wilhelm looked up, surprised that Boris was talking about his private life- "I thought that what I felt was just strong love. But in a friendship way. Not in a romantic way. And then... when more intimate thoughts came up, I didn't want to accept it. I sometimes hated myself for being like that. If he hadn't approached me in the first place to talk, I'd probably still be suppressing my feelings."

Boris continued to smile to himself, as if he wasn't actually telling the story to Wilhelm, but to himself. "What  I am saying is, when you trust the person right now, you accepted it, right?" Now Boris looked at Wilhelm again. Said nodded and smiled. „I think they're the first person I think I can really trust, next to my best friend. And it's wired, cause I don't really know them for a long time. Like two month-ish?"

„It doesn't matter for how long you know them. A human can make am opinion of another human in within the first five minutes of knowing them. You  wanne tell me about the first five minutes?"

Wilhelm's thoughts immediately jumped to the first moment he saw Simon. The young one with chocolate-brown hair in the music room, waiting for his first rehearsal. Then his thoughts went to the first gala, how Simon came into the hall and flooded Wilhelm with a tide of sound that made him feel real safe for the first time in years.
And then,

the first tea in the kitchen.
"They were trustworthy. In the first five minutes. And they make good tea." said Wilhelm, still a smile on his lips.

„I'll leave you alone then. Let you flying on cloud seven for a bit," Boris said, a smirk on his face. Wilhelm raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. But before Boris could leave comepletly, Wilhelm opened his mouth again. „Thank you, Boris."
„You're welcome, Wilhelm." he answered and left the room.

———————

On his way to the last session before the gala, he saw some people responsible for the decoration carrying Lillien towards the ballroom. A small smile spread on his lips at the thought that led directly to Simon. He walked the familiar path to the end and was greeted by Minou, who kept the list of people who would be present at the meeting.

He nodded to her and entered the room. He was surprised to find that there were only two people in the room, his mother and Jan-Olof. "Hello." he said, but it came out more as a question than a statement. Kristina pointed to the chair to her right. Hesitantly Wilhelm sat down on it.

"I thought you'd rather have this conversation with just me and Jan-Olof."
Wilhelm raised an eyebrow, not hiding his confusion very well. "It's about something I observed at the last gala and would like you to change it today, yes my dear?" she said, taking off her glasses. "Okay?" said Wilhelm, becoming more and more suspicious.

"I want you to dance with three women at a time for the next three balls."
Wilhelm looked at the end of his sleeve and began to fiddle with it. "I know it's hard for you, just as I know you don't want this. But I've explained my reasons. So please, Wilhelm, at least pretend to be interested and choose one of the women, yes? And if it should be Felice."

Wilhelm just nodded, knowing that he would have given in one way or another. And she was right. He didn't want the dance or the gala. He wanted a lot of other things right now. With Simon. In his room. Whatever.

"Anything else?" asked Wilhelm, looking up but not stopping to fiddle with his sleeve. "No. Just this one request." the queen said, turning back to Jan- Olof. "You can go again." she said. A small twinge made itself felt in Wilhelm's chest and he stood up.

"Wait." Kristina said after all, rising and walking towards Wilhelm. She cradled her son's head in her hands, quietly guided him down and kissed his forehead. "I love you. Take care of yourself." And with that, she went back to her seat. Wilhelm left the conference room behind, feeling as if someone had put a Band-Aid over one of the many wounds in Wilhelm's soul.

The clock on his cell phone said that another hour would pass before the gala started. So he walked with a quick step towards his room to get his Jack. At the same time he typed something into his cell phone:

Wilhelm: Good luck :]
Simon: Thanks. I hope you like it.
Wilhelm: I like a lot of things.

Inwardly, he wondered where he got the confidence. Cause normaly, he didn't have any at all. But as he walked into the gala hall, he was really happy about it.

---------

A/N Boris <333