18

(Four weeks until the third gala)
Wilhelm

He lifted his hands, soaked in water, and connected them to his face. The cold water woke him right up and brought him back down to earth. And the thoughts of the last night flashed through his mind. How he led Simon to one of the slightly smaller rooms and then to dance with Felice on the dance floor. How he got himself a glass of scotch afterwards and washed down the feelings of guilt towards the women who were here especially here for him. How he got back in the front row to listen to Simon sing and try to absorb every note he sang into his bloodstream. How his feet carried him to Simon's door after he had said goodbye to all the guests. How he grinned when he could put his lips on Simon's again and Simon pulled him by the belt into his room.

To which, however, guilt plagued him again.
"You don't drink alcohol." he breathed between wild kisses that were more teeth than lips. "Yeah, so?" asked Simon, raising an eyebrow as he unbuttoned Wilhelms's shirt. "But I taste like scotch. And probably smell like it, too. Sorry, Simon." said Wilhelm, breaking away from Simon and dropping onto the bed. "Hey, it's okay, Wille." Simon said, lowering himself down beside him and stroking his back. "I'll just make it my new favorite flavor. We'll have to talk about the scent again, though."
Wilhelm just laughed in agreement and pulled Simon back into a kiss.

Again, water hit Wilhelm's face and he exhaled deeply once. He dried his hands like his face and took his phone frome the counter.

Wilhelm: Do you have time any time today?
Simon: Sorry, Wille. Unfortunately not. I have a few things to do in Stockholm.
Wilhelm: That's okay. But don't expect that I won't text you anyway ;P
Simon: I would be surprised if you wouldn't do it :*

So plan B, Wilhelm thought to himself.

Wilhelm: Felice, my heart, my soul, my queen?
Felice: ?
Wilhelm: Do you have time today?
Felice: What if I say no?
Wilhelm: I'll come anyway :*
Felice: Just get your ass over here :I
Wilhelm :D

So half an hour later Wilhelm got back in the car with Vincent. "Before we go to Felice's, could you stop at some bakery and get me someting to eat?" he asked, and Vincent raised an eyebrow as he drove off the lot. "Can I make a strong assumption?" asked Vincent, not wanting an answer because he kept talking right away:
"You're bypassing your mother right now to avoid talking to her about the gala, could it be?"
Wilhelm simply remained silent. "I'll take that as a yes." said Vincent and turned off the engine from the car after a far too long silence. "I'll go get something for both of us then." and then he slipped put the car.

Stockholm was just passing by, and Wilhelm saw a few royal carriages driving through the city. One of them was probably for Simon, he thought. However, Wilhelm drove his car further and further into Stockholm and at some point they reached the largest villa district of Stockholm, where Wilhelm had been very often as a small child.

Vincent turned into the driveway that belonged to Felice's villa. "Are there. Do you know how long it will take you?" asked Vincent. "I know. I'll call when I need to get home. The hospital isn't far away," Wilhelm said with a smile, patted Vincent once on the shoulder and left the car.

"It took you longer than I expected. Coffee's cold now." Felice greeted him and opened the door a little wider. "That's okay. Was still at the bakery. Didn't have breakfast." He dropped his shoes in their usual place and hung up his jacket.
"Are you actually making a habit of showing up at my house after every gala now?" Felice asked with a laugh, disappearing down the hall in the kitchen. "If you don't mind." said Wilhelm laughing and following her. Felice was already sitting at the kitchen table, two cups and a plate of cookies in front of her. "Not really."

Wilhelm took a sip of his coffee, looking at Felice. A question burned in her eyes and Wilhelm just raised an eyebrow. "Talk." he said, and Felice just spat out the question:
"Where the hell were you yesterday just before the dances started?"
A gulp of coffee caught in Wilhelm's throat and he began to cough. "Jesus!" Felice exclaimed, slapping him on the back while Wilhelm beat his chest. "Nowhere." he got out between the last two coughs. "Wilhelm, don't lie." said Felice and took a sip of her coffee.

Wilhelm paused. Should he just tell her he was in the bathroom? Or that he ran off with another girl? Or could he tell her his secret with Simon? Or he could deny it?
"I was... I was making out with someone," Wilhelm said in a raspy voice. "Will, darling, I can see that." said Felice, pointing to a spot on Wilhelm's neck. Wilhelm's hand slapped the spot as if in reflex. "WHAT?" he cried, jumping up and running into the bathroom.
Behind him he heard only laughter that followed him.

He opened the door to the bathroom and immediately locked it behind him. In the mirror he saw two well-placed hickeys. They looked as if he had made out with a vampire and not Simon.
Simon!
Wilhelm pulled out his cell phone and took a picture of himself in the mirror and tried to look angry, but could not hide his little smile.

Wilhelm: *photo*
Wilhelm: I hate you.
Simon: *photo of Simon with two hickeys on his neck aswell*
Simon: Don't act so hypocritical. Only I, unlike you, am allowed to show them.
Wilhelm: Fuck you :*
Simon: I'm about to steal make-up from my mother's house anyway xD

A little pause, then:

Simon: reply to: Fuck you :*
And yes, if you want to, sure ;*

Wilhelm suddenly laughed uncontrollably. But he was interrupted by a knock. "Wille, open up." Felice's laughter had not quite disappeared. "I'll cover your hickeys." And slowly Wilhelm opened the door. She looked at him with a mixture of pity and amusement while she pushed past him and opened the cabinet that hung next to the mirror. There she took out three small tubes. Wilhelm raised an eyebrow, not knowing anything about make up OR how to cover up hickey. Cause he never had an occasion to do so. When he had hook ups, he remembered to stop them before it came that far. But with Simon? HE got so carried away, he forgot that hickeys excisted.

"Sit on the toilet." Felice said, ignoring Wilhelms curiousity to the fullest, "I have a concealer that's my color, one that's way too light, even for you, and one that's darker than me. If I mix those a bit your color should come out eventually. Oh and..." From the cupboard she got another jar with a green cream or a concealer as it seemed. Felice was then smearing that on the redness. Then she put a little of each of the concealers, except for the green one, on her hand and grabbed a brush. With the end of it she mixed everything together and what remained on the brush she smeared on Wilhelm's neck.

"Fits." she said with a smile and took something new out of the cabinet that looked like a sponge and held it under running water. Squeezed it a few times and then shook it gently while squeezing out the rest of the water. From the other side of the room, she retrieved a stool and placed it between Wilhelm's open legs. As she settled down she asked, "Do you want to tell me something, Wille? Like, for example, who left vampire marks on you?" asked Felice with a smile. She began to dab concealer on Wilhelm's neck and he exhaled deeply once.

"I don't even know if I'm allowed to do that." he said, laughing awkwardly. Felice stopped dabbing and Wilhelm looked at her in wonder. "Can you promise me two things?" she asked and Wilhelm nodded hesitantly. "First, please don't do anything stupid. And if you do, don't get caught." She gave him a smile which radiated certainty and again Wilhelm nodded with a gentle smile. "And secondly, if you can tell me, please do. I'm not you friend for nothing." and Wilhelm laughed a little. "Okay."

Felice repositioned Wilhelm's head so she could continue dabbing. "When you get back home, please steal an eggbeater from the kitchen and massage the  hickeys a bit with it, will you?" Wilhelm nodded. "I'll mix you up some more concealer so you can cover up the rest. Don't ever forget to put the green one underneath." Wilhelm nodded and was never so grateful to have a female friend in his life then at that moment.

—————