04

not edited !

nami sat at the edge of the ship overlooking the map of the grand line. keiko was slowly becoming fond of the people she was around. sure, she already had a liking towards zoro, but nami and luffy were growing on her.

"you've stared at that for over an hour now." keiko said. her body jumping up and planting down alongside nami, her smile shining at the girl. the navigator giving her a stare.

keiko knew she was playing hard to get, not letting her walls down entirely. she knew it was a matter of time before she could get nami to befriend her.

"you know, you're a lot more perky and peachy for an assassin than i thought you'd be." nami half meant it as a compliment, half dig.

keiko let out a low laugh, looking down and then at nami again. "call it a split personality?"

"must be." nami mumbled, her attention sucked back into studying the map in front of her. keiko looking along beside her, not really understanding it as much as nami.

"how did you become so good?" nami looked at the girl a bit confused. "at reading maps? drawing them?"

nami grew quiet, keiko noticing the shift in her behavior. she must have struck a nerve.

"it's okay, you don't have to answer."

"no- i- my mom. my mom was a navigator too."

keiko raised a hand to rub the girls shoulder upon hearing the was in nami's sentence. the navigator offering a small smile to her. she could tell keiko was not looking at her with pity, but consolation instead.

"nami! keiko!"

the girls looked over at the younger boy, his smile wider than ever. both of them wondering just how his smile could get any bigger than they've already seen before. must be the rubber in him.

"it's ready!" he boomed, holding up a black flag with a white skull. the only coloring on the flag was an identical yellow and red hat.

"and what is it?" nami asked unenthused.

"it's him." keiko nudged the girls shoulder.

"our jolly roger. every pirate crew has to have one. and now we do!"

"we are not a crew, and you are not hanging that on my boat." luffy turned around hearing zoro come to the deck, not paying mind to nami's bluntness.

"zoro! check it out!" luffy held the flag up for him to see. zoro looking over the flag.

"that's unique."

keiko hopped down from her place next to nami, walking over and helping grab a side of the flag as luffy grinned at her.

"i think it's cute, gum gum." she winked at the boy, handing the flag back to him.

"nami, i think the toilets busted."

"we don't have a toilet." nami informed him.

"oh. well, then something back there is leaking."

nami jumped up, storming into the inside of the boat as keiko walked over to zoro.