HALFWAY THROUGH Symbol of Courage, Hodge came home. Not for long though. He rushed in, gave Steve a kiss to the top of his head, and then left for 12A. Claiming that he was going to talk business with Bucky and Daniel. With Bucky, because of the alpha's connections. With Daniel, because of the man's late father and the stories of the influential people he had known.

Huffing, Steve shoved himself further into the armchair. Sure, he knew that getting buddy-buddy with the neighbors could potentially help boost Hodge's career. But couldn't he have waited? Couldn't he have spent some time talking with Steve? A funny story about his acting coach, Michael Joseph Duffy aka MJD aka Duff? Or a story about how ridiculous another actor was during auditions? Anything?

Sighing at his own jealousies, Steve tried to get back into reading. It was a decent first draft. Good characters. Good story. Hodge would fit the Brett Hendrick character perfectly. All American Grade A Beefcake. Pinnacle of non-toxic alphaninity. Yeah, Hodge was perfect for that. Even if he was a beta.

He'd need a little help in the sass department, sure, but he could work on that. Steve knew that Hodge could do anything that he put his mind to, even – no, especially – when Hodge didn't think so himself.

  Steve knew that Hodge could do anything that he put his mind to, even – no, especially – when Hodge didn't think so himself

Just as Steve was getting back into the script, there was a knock at the door

Just as Steve was getting back into the script, there was a knock at the door. Heart racing from the horrible fate of the beloved character, Jimmy, Steve's brows furrowed, but he still got up to get the door. Surprisingly enough, it was Peggy and another older woman, petite, frail, and smiling, with a gaudy, silver floral brooch pinned to the shoulder of her yellow polka dot dress.

"Hi, dear," Peggy smiled, "We're not bothering you, are we?"

"Of course, not," Steve said, opening the door to welcome the two older women into his home. Pressing his lips together to suppress his disgust at the scent that the women brought with them. The same scent that came from Sharon's good luck charm.

"This is my dear friend, Angie Martinelli, who lives on six. Angie, this is Arnold's nephew's husband, Steve."

"Welcome to Stark Tower!"

"Thank you," Steve smiled, closing the door. Then, his brain caught up with the women and he asked, "Martinelli? As in Angela Martinelli? White Christmas in Vermont, Angela Martinelli?"