25 | MOVED ON & DECO

The air was crisp, carrying the promise of snow as Jimin stood outside Hoseok's dorm. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for the conversation he knew was long overdue. It had been years since they had been more than distant acquaintances, but the memory of their high school romance still lingered in the corners of his mind.

At first, he hesitated to knock. But then again, he thought of Yoongi, the person that is making him happy, glad for existing. This encouraged him to knock three time, stop, and then twice more, like a beat. He felt a mixture of apprehension and determination. Hoseok's voice crackled through the door, a mix of surprise and warmth evident. "Jimin? Is that really you?"

"Yeah." Jimin replied, his voice tinged with nervousness. "Can I come up? There's something we need to talk about. I mean, I want to sort out..can we talk?"

Moments later, the door buzzed open, and Jimin straightened his shoulders, his heart pounding. When he reached Hoseok's door, he hesitated only for a second before knocking. The door swung open, revealing Hoseok, his eyes wide with astonishment. He seemed tired, probably he's woken up. If he was still sleeping late as he did before though. 

"Jimin," Hoseok breathed, his voice filled with a mix of wonder and uncertainty. "Are you sure you can be here?'' He asked, and Jimin felt a small sting. ''I mean, yeah, you know.'' 

''He doesn't know.'' He whispered, looking around. Hoseok pressed his lips together and nodded, moving away from the door, gesturing for Jimin to go in. Jimin stepped into Hoseok's apartment, the familiar scent of Hoseok's cologne and the subtle hum of his personality wrapping around him like a comforting embrace. 

They settled on the couch, both of them acutely aware of the unspoken tension in the room. Jimin took a deep breath, searching for the right words. "Seokie, I... I wanted to talk about us."

''Please don't call me that,'' he said softly as he stood up. ''Water?'' he inquired, but Jimin waved his hand away. ''I don't want to trouble you! I mean, I am already. You look like you've just woken up, fuck, I'm sorry.'' He hissed and took a breath, palms nervously over his knees. ''Perhaps I shouldn't have come.'' He stood up, but Hoseok pressed his palm against his chest, looking at him. ''You said you wanted to talk, so, we talk.'' And Jimin slowly sat down, starring at him.

Jimin nodded, his fingers nervously tracing patterns on his lap. "I've been thinking a lot lately, especially with Christmas approaching. We never really talked about what happened between us in high school. Why we... why we broke up. In general."

Hoseok's expression softened, and he let out a sigh. "Jimin, it's been a long time. We were kids back then, and things were complicated."

Jimin nodded, his gaze fixed on his hands. "I know. We drifted apart to the point we started ignoring each other's existence, and, yeah, it was immature for me to do so. And now, well... now I'm with Yoongi, and I want to make sure I've sorted out my past before moving forward."

Hoseok's eyes flickered, and he took a moment to process Jimin's words. "You're with Yoongi now?"

Jimin looked up, meeting Hoseok's gaze. "Yeah,'' He whispered, a smile nod. ''He makes me really happy, y'know? We are not, like, official. But I haven't been with anyone after him, or before him. I mean, when we came here, I just, somehow, got stuck with him.'' Jimin cursed numerous of times as he was speaking non-stop confusion. ''Yeah.''

''Yeah.'' Hoseok repeated, leaning his back to his couch, ''I've noticed you two were together, no need to be pressured about it.'' He hummed. the silence between them stretching uncomfortably. Finally, Hoseok spoke, his voice tentative. "It's been a while, Jimin."

Jimin nodded, his gaze fixed on his hands in his lap. "Yeah, it has."

They both knew the reason for their silence. Their relationship in high school had been intense, a whirlwind of emotions and dreams. But as eleventh grade approached, the reality of going their separate ways had loomed over them. They'd decided to break up, hoping it would be easier to move on if they gave each other space. But truth to be told, their descision to break up started off by Jimin. He was the one who turned him down when Hoseok confessed his deeper feelings for the other.