10

<- I ->

He doesn't know why, but he feels anxious. He looks at the boxes, the blue and orange tape securing them showing what is inside of them. The empty neighborhood is a copy and paste of the same house over and over again. 

When he looks down the road, it seems to go on further than he can see. The emptiness isn't scary to him because he feels Kacchans eyes at his back. He has no idea why he's staring so hard, but it doesn't really matter to him. He takes a deep breath and lets it out. 

He shouldn't be worrying so much! The program promised that both his and Kacchans life would be perfect, everything that they ever dreamed of. He looks back and meets Kacchans eyes, putting a hand up and waving with a smile. 

The man's eyes seem to lighten, and he waves back slightly before turning away from the window and further into the kitchen to make breakfast. Izuku leans down and takes the boxes, carrying them back into the house. 

He puts them down and goes into the living room, where bigger boxes wait to be opened. Furniture. He likes the white couches and stuff, but all of it being the same color is off putting, so he made sure to order better ones to fit both him and Kacchans tastes. 

He starts to open them up, planning to build at least the coffee table and T.V stand before Kacchan is done with breakfast. He is halfway done with the T.V stand when Kacchan comes into the living room, followed by the smell of cinnamon rolls and oranges. 

He stands at the doorway, his arms folded. 

"Deku, breakfast is done!" 

He doesn't wait for a response, turning around and walking off. Izuku follows quickly, almost tripping over the unattached pieces of the T.V stand. He catches up, and when he does, Kacchan is already sitting at the table. 

He takes in the delicious looking cinnamon rolls in the middle of the table and realizes just how hungry he's been. He gives Kacchan a bright smile and sits down next to him. 

"Thank you so much Kacchan! They look so good!" 

He starts to eat, and the soft dough melts in his mouth. He hums, taking another bite. 

"Whatever nerd. The icing came out a little shitty, but I guess it's fine." 

He is about to protest, but he can feel Kacchans eyes on him, and it makes him a little self-conscious. Kacchan has his cheek resting on his hand, looking at him with an emotion he has never seen before swirling in his eyes. He puts his fork down as his cheeks warm up. 

"W-What? Do I have something on my face?" 

Kacchan doesn't say anything for a second, before he sits up straight, letting his arm fall against the table. 

"No, it's nothing." 

He starts to eat and Izuku watches him for a second before looking down at his own plate.