Letters from No One...not even a Text

There was only three days left in our trip before we had to head back home.

But I haven't heard from Roxy, and it was making me anxious. I was starting to feel like she didn't want me to come anymore.

Now I know how Harry felt when he thought his friends forgot about him over the summer.

Our last days in Idaho would be spent at the Hotel, swimming, going out to eat, going to the movies, doing a little shopping, and just relaxing and enjoying time with each other.

Or so my mom had hoped.

In reality Dad spent as much time as he could golfing, Trent was always in the Hotel gym and I was in and out of the spa or locked away in my hotel room ordering room service while I lost myself in my books.

After re-reading Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice I rubbed my eyes and closed my library app.

For once in my life I was tired of reading.

I opened my email and noticed I had over a hundred unread emails.

"Damn." I said "when was the last time I checked this?" I asked myself out loud.

I saw they were mostly sale emails from my favorite stores and a few Facebook notifications so I closed my email and opened my facebook.

Everyone who knows me, knows that I hardly ever get on Facebook unless I'm ultra bored, that being said I found a new predicament, I couldn't remember my password.

After a couple of failed attempts i finally got it reset and looked over the notifications.

They were messages all from Roxy.

-HEY K, I MADE IT TO CALI SAFELY...IT'S BEYOND AMAZING. BAD NEWS IS I LEFT MY CELL AT HOME SO I CAN'T CALL OR TEXT SO IF YOU NEED TO REACH ME JUST HIT ME UP ON HERE OR IF YOU REALLY NEED TO CALL HERE'S MY AUNTS NUMBER.-

under the message she added her Aunts cell phone number, I put it into my phone then saved it and moved into the next message.

-HOPE YOUR HAVIN FUN IN IDAHO, THE BEACH IS RIDICULOUS AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE.-

I smiled and continued to to read the messages they all basically said how much she missed me and wondered why I hadn't tried to contact her. When I finished reading them I felt stupid for ever thinking my best friend could forget about me. So I finally responded back to all of her messages.

-HEY ROX, IDAHO WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED, NOTHING OUTSTANDING BUT NOT COMPLETELY HORRIBLE. THE WEEK'S ALMOST OVER THEN I WILL BE ON A PLANE TO CALIFORNIA AND WE CAN STAY ON THE BEACH FOR HOWEVER LONG YOU WANT. SORRY FOR NOT RESPONDING SOONER, YOU KNOW I HARDLY EVER GET ON FB, ANYWAYS IF YOU WANT I CAN SWING BY YOUR PLACE AND PICK UP YOUR CELL THAT WAY I CAN BRING IT WITH ME ON MY WAY TO CALIFORNIA. MISS YOU ROX, SEE YA SOON.-

After I messaged her back I got that feeling of anxiousness all over again and now I couldn't wait for our trip to be over so I could go and spend time with my bestfriend.

I laid on the bed a while just dreaming about all the fun Roxy and I would have for the remainder of our summer vacation.

My mom interrupted my thoughts when she said we all had to go out to dinner, but as soon as dinner was over I can't back to the room and started packing all my belongs that were strewn across the room.

When I finished I popped a bag of popcorn and opened a soda and started reading The Goblet of Fire before I ended up falling to sleep.