Chapter 12

His hugs are my sanctuary. You're so fragile, Clea, and now you're once again immersed in the embrace of your husband.

How can I possibly stop cherishing the warmth he provides? The pain I nurtured has gradually dissipated like a fleeting bubble in the air, and now I yearn for his embrace and the tender kisses he bestows upon my hair.

"Let's eat, shall we?" His gaze returned to meet mine, accompanied by a gentle smile.

His captivating blue eyes, pointed nose, thick brows, and perfectly sculpted face with a chiseled jaw are just some of the many reasons why I can't seem to break free. Each time I gaze into his ocean-like eyes, I find myself sinking even deeper. His eyes are my ultimate weakness. With a single glance, I see myself adoring the blue sea, no matter how powerful the waves, unsure of where it will take me.

He kissed me once more and smiled.

"Let's eat and then leave this hospital."

We dined in silence, but the calmness of our breaths filled my heart with immense joy once again.

A simple apology and your embrace, Miguel, and I am weakened once more. I can't help it. You are my world and my life. My heart is forever yours, and despite the torment your love brings, I find myself drowning in your arms.

"I'm sorry again, Cleopatra. I know you suspect that Maureen and I are hiding something, but please... believe me, we aren't. We're not in a relationship, and I'm not involved with anyone."

He explained to me, but once you've been betrayed before, it's hard to believe again. Sometimes, it's difficult to rebuild trust when you've been deceived. I know I still love him; I truly do. My heart has always belonged to him. But when he's hurt me once, I fear he might do it again.

The downside of cheating is that it leaves scars, not just on your heart but on your trust as well. The strongest foundation of a relationship is love, and even now, though I'm still deeply in love with you, Miguel, I can't help but wonder if you might be deceiving me.

I'm afraid you're doing this because you don't want me to know anything. Betrayals are indeed excruciating. It's maddening...

"I'll process your bills, and then let's return to your hotel before heading back to Negros."

I swiftly cleared our dining table, and since everything is disposable, I tidied up quickly.

I smiled at him before leaving the room. He held my hands, kissed them tenderly, and locked eyes with me.

I hope I'm making the right choice by forgiving you and giving our relationship another chance, Miguel. If this is a mistake, I won't love again. I'll let myself be consumed by the relentless waves.

"Let's start anew, Cleopatra," he said with a smile.

Let's begin from the beginning. Let's love each other deeply, where it's just you and me, no Maui, no Addison, no one else but us.

Let's create our own world. Let's mend our marriage, mend ourselves, and love each other without the involvement of others, because crying and hurting are exhausting.

I cautiously touched his face and smiled. "Let's fix our marriage, love. We'll make it right."

We'll make it right, Miguel. I'm ready to take that chance, and I hope this time you'll cherish me and love me for just me.

"Hey, I've reserved a dinner for us."

"You did? What should I wear? Are we leaving now?" I inquire hastily, eager to raid the closet for something suitable.

He chuckles at my antics. "Love, wear whatever makes you comfortable. It's just downstairs."

I glanced at him, my smile tinged with shyness. Oh, Clea, you're being too enthusiastic, aren't you?