You're Late (pt 5/6)

My stomach twists into knots as Draco Malfoy stares down at me.

"How's your date going, darling?" he asks.

My mouth falls open as he walks to the sink and begins washing his hands. His eyes catch mine in the mirror. Malfoy grabs a couple paper towels, leaning against the wall as he drys his hands. I stand slowly. It's like my brain is lagging due to his audacity. I pick up the basket of toilet rolls and hold it in my arms.

"What are you-"

The first roll leaves my hand and smacks him in the forehead.

"Get out," I say.

Malfoy sighs loudly as if I'm the inconvenience. I throw the second one, hitting him in the chest. He takes a step toward me and I hold up a third roll as if it's a threat.

"Drop the toilet roll," he says, pointing a finger at me.

The third one misses and he steps closer.

"Just go away Malfoy. I don't want to talk to you," I say through gritted teeth.

"I can see that you're-"

A fourth roll to the face. He reaches forward and snatches the rest of the rolls from the basket, throwing them all in the trash bin. I debate on throwing the basket next but decide against it.

"Could you just listen for a second?" he asks.

"I don't owe you anything."

"You're right, you don't owe me and I know that. If you could just listen to me for a-"

"No, Draco! How convenient of you to show up with a date the same exact day and time as mine. I'm sure this was an accident."

"Oh please Ebony, we both know the only reason you're here with that bloke is to make me jealous," he says.

"Sure, but you deserve to be jealous! Have you screwed her already or are you going to do that later in your stupid secret room?"

"No I'm not going to screw her. I'm not even interested in her."

"Oh that's too bad. I'm looking forward to my plans with William," I say, stepping toward him. "After this, we're planning on going somewhere really special. I've only hinted it, but I think he got the m-"

Draco closes the distance between us, but I don't back away. We're face to face staring each other down.

"If it's my attention you're after you've got it," he growls.

"It's a little too late for that," I say, stepping aside and walking toward the door.

He's watched me leave before, he can do it twice. Draco grabs my wrist and pulls me into his chest.

"You're right. You don't owe me a damn thing, not even a second of your time," he pauses, taking a deep breath. "I actually hate that I'm telling you this in a bathroom but that's beside the point."

I pause, stuck in the moment. His smell washes over me and I want to bury my face in his chest. At the same time, I'm ready to throw more things at him.

"I'm sorry I made you feel like you didn't matter to me. I should've stopped you from leaving that night, I wish I did. It can be really hard for me to find the words sometimes. Especially on the spot, but I've had time to think."

There's a knock at the door that makes me jump.

"Ebony are you okay?" William asks through the door.

I feel horrible for leaving him out there this long.

"Yeah I'll be out soon, just feeling a bit sick is all," I say.