viii-Never Go Against The Family-1️⃣

*ON-CAMERA*
-Kyrie's POV-

K: I've got the go-ahead to start work on the attachment for Karver's and I'm just so ready to begin conceptualising what we want it to look like and just how we want our clients to feel when they come to eat there-also looking forward to the menu that Damian came up with.

I walk into Karver's with a smile. Today is the open for public day--so there are customers sitting and eating at the booths while others are sitting at the bar, watching game highlights. Jaxon just greets me with a wave and nod while I make my way to the office.

I am meeting with the architect, site manager and someone from the city planner's office. It would take up to four months for the restaurant to be functional and open for business. So, I sat with the permits and licenses I would need for the new addition.

"Hey, you wanted to see me?"Damian asks when he walks into my office.

"Yes! Sorry, my minds been all over the place now that we've got the ball rolling--have you given any thought to your menu ideas?"

Damian smiles and nods.

"I have...I've been looking through my grandma's old cookbooks and going through some of my own French cookbooks too."

"Nice. If you're not too busy in the kitchen I have about,"I look at my watch,"two hours before I need to go next door."

"Yeah, Peter can cover the kitchen for two hours-we just got over the big lunch rush. I'll just go get my notebook with what I've written down."

K: I don't think those outside of the food industry know how hard it is to open your own restaurant because there's so much paperwork that you need fill and permits and licenses that you need to get on top of registering it and applying for trademarks....its honestly more exhausting than recording an album.

Damian walked back in with a rather thick notebook just as I went to sit on the sofa with my own notebook.

"Okay...before we go through that-do you have anything to add with regard to décor and design?"I ask.

"Uh...not really for front of house but for the kitchen I would like more prep space, a rotisserie oven and grill as well as an enhanced water filtration system."

I nod, writing it down under the 'must haves' column. I want to do muted colours for the restaurant since it would have a different atmosphere to Karver's but at the same time want to keep the homey vibes theme throughout.