Chapter 6

Jasper POV:

Malique sat there quietly... too quiet in my opinion. he is always talkative, not more than me, After I said that I knew who Liz was he just sat there watching me. I watched him back while eating these heavenly fries. The perfect amount of salt and pepper.

He finally spoke up, " So you know stuff about her too right?", I nodded then he continued, " What stuff, Cause the last guy I asked didn't exactly help". I gasped " How dare you!! You cheating whore, You asked another guy. Who? Where?", I over-exaggerated 

" Oh, Shut up already and tell me what you know, I may or may not be interested in her a little bit", he said while keeping his eyes on his plate of food avoiding eye contact with me. "Well, where do I start... Uh her full name is Elizabeth Samora Benjamin. She is 18, and has brown eyes... if I'm being honest with you nobody knows much about her, she's just quiet and collected. Kinda unpredictable and says random stuff at the wrong or random times, I won't call her weird more entertaining if anything else. No one could predict what happens in her head or how she thinks...what she is going to say." I said shrugging my shoulders

"Okay, that's not much but better than what the next guy told me", he said watching in the direction where she was with a frown on his face. "You know that guy is her cousin, I can't remember his name." He let out a breath that sounded like relief but I'm gonna ask him later. I got up and walked over to their table, As I got closer I saw her face better. It looked like she got jumped. I started walking faster over, "Hey Liz, long time no see", I said while smiling, and sat down next to her watching her facial expressions that went from smiling to surprised. 

Her eyebrows raised and she cleared her throat," Hey Jasper, how have you been? " I've been well, Are you okay What happened", I gestured to her face. Just as she was about to answer Malique came striding over to us in all his glory. He slid down on the other side of her watching the bruises on her face. " hi, you okay? What happened?", She bent her head down and looked at her food like it was the most important thing in the world, which it is.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just 2 guys that broke into my house 2 days ago, got my ass a concussion and a black eye with some bruises nothing to complain about", Malique looked livid," 2 guys broke in and did that to you, did they caught them?" she shook her head no saying, " They heard the police and ran away before they could catch them", shrugging her shoulders. " What the fuck?! Why in the world would you be coming to capture someone and have your whole ass siren on, the whole fucking point was to catch the fuckers in the first place. How they feel, like shit huh yes I bet they feel like shit...shit buckets" I said going on a rant about how the police are stupid as shit.

Malique was oddly silent, I looked over at him staring at Liz's bruised face, and then he asked in a low tone, " Can you remember what they look like? A description or something", I saw her look at him for the first time since he sat down. " uh they both had a makeshift mask with pantyhose I think, hehe pantyhose funny word anyways one of them was tall as fuck like 7 foot tall and the next one really short like my kind of short you know, but I think the short one was the brains of the operation and the tall one is the bronze or muscle. The big one had a butterfly on his wrist can't remember which one but red and blue butterfly. I saw it when he was strangling me". After we heard that I froze and looked over at my best friend and also my brother. We made eye contact and we both knew exactly what each other was thinking.

Malique POV:

She just describes the 'Big Guy' as she calls him, Jasper's Uncle. Which would be her former best friend's mom, husband. We looked at each other and we agreed we had to talk about this. Why in the world would Ten as I used to call him, try to steal from the Benjimins? Why hurt Liz if he knows who she is? Where was her parents ? What were they planning to steal? Should we tell the police?

I and Jasper brainstormed for a while trying to figure out our next move and what would end in fewer casualties, but I know that won't happen. The whole family is corrupted. We figured we should take one step at a time and just tell Liz what we found out and ask her opinion on it tomorrow.  

(844 words)

Kinda short but oh well