Melting Hearts

"Tom? You two free tonight? Jenny and I would like to have you and Angie over for dinner?"

"Hi Simon, how the hell are you! We haven't heard from you for AGES! Looks like wandering the world has agreed with you! That last blog post , man, it was a beautiful beach. You both looked so well!" Tom smiled as he balanced the phone on his shoulder. He was busy pre-signing some 8x6s for a meet'n'greet he had later that week.

Graham had taken the photo's as had now become the norm, and Angie had made sure they were, well, picture perfect. She had a vested interest, after all!

Simon laughed. "You're nearer the mark than you think there! Tell you more tonight? About 8?"

"Sounds great, I'll tell Angie when I see her in a bit." He almost hung up when something struck him. "Why did you call me? Not that I mind, but??"

"Well, we have another surprise for you and I didnt want to risk blurting it out to her. You'll see! Better go, the Boss is wanting another cuppa. Bye Tom!"

"Bye!"

He smiled and replaced the phone on the table. Putting the pen down, he looked out the window as he heard a car draw up. His ,now their, car. He watched, smiling, as Angie got out. She was looking better today. They'd had a little bit of a scare the previous week. Now, almost six months after the donation operation, they were still super cautious about her health. Turned out to simply be a bug. It had reinforced to both of them though, that they should take nothing for granted.

She lugged the shopping in, car keys in her teeth. He raced to the door and relieved her of the bags. "Darling, I TOLD you to take it easy. It was the only reason I let you go yourself!" He kissed her on the cheek. "But you disobey me at EVERY turn you naughty little sausage!"

Angie laughed "oh you bet I do, Mr. I'm not an invalid, you know. Although..." she bit her lip and smiled." I could do with a little mouth to mouth. I feel a little... in need?"

"You are insatiable!" He smirked, and she shrugged. "And I love it." He blew her a kiss."Let me be Mr Boring for two minutes and put the freezer stuff away. THEN my Pet I'll show you what a FROZEN monster you married!"

"But we're not married, Mr Boring!" She teased. "Not yet!"

"Dont you remember that night with Simon and Jenny, love?" He put the bags down and came to stand with her, taking her hand and pressed it to his heart. "To me, my darling, that was my vow to you. As serious as any made in any church or office." He smiled "in my heart, my love, you are my wife."

"Oh Tom, I took it just as seriously as you, you know that. It's just that sometimes I'm scared it will all be a fabulous dream and someone will come and take you away." She stroked his shirt, smooth and warm under her fingers. "I couldn't live Tom. If we were parted, my heart would cease to beat." She looked up at him, and he could see tears sparkling in her eyes.

It was at that moment he knew it was time. All he had to do was ask. He knew how and when, too.

Instead, he bent and kissed her softly. "To hell with it, we can buy more shopping." He scooped her up and carried her to bed there, and then.

As they lay in each others arms a while later, Tom stroked her arm as she lay over his chest, snoozing gently. "Angie?"

"Mmm?"

"We've been invited to Si and Jen for dinner, love."

"Mmm."

"Tonight."

"Tonight?" She opened her eyes and sat up, turning to look at him. "Why?"

"Dunno really, he said he had a surprise for us. Didn't want to risk blurting it out to you, apparently. You seem a bit suspicious?"

"What date is it?" She said carefully, forehead creased into a frown.

"13th September, why?"

"Oh my god!" She clapped her hand to her cheek."It was Jenny's birthday last week. Shit shit shit. " she was almost beside herself with guilt, how could she have forgotten?

Tom sat up and stroked the hair from her face, "shhh love, it's ok. I really don't think she'll be annoyed. They weren't here, and everyone was busy. I mean, WE didn't even see each other properly for three days!" He kissed her forehead, but if it makes you feel better, we can go early and buy her a lovely gift. I have something to pick up anyway, so timing couldn't be better.

"You do? Oh sorry love, I could have done it when I was out. Save you the bother." She stood and started to put her underwear on.

"Its ok, tbh I wasnt sure if today was when I'd need it so no harm done. Wont take two mins. Now, in the meantime what the HELL are you doing?" He lay on his side, head resting on his hand, quilt draped around his hips.

"Getting dressed?" She smiled and paused. "I thought even a God like you, who is dressed by Valhalla Angels each morning, would recognise our mortal equivalent!" She stuck out her tongue and he shook his head.

"Oh no,no,no my Pet." Loki growled at her as he began to reach across the bed. "I didn't say you could leave. I still have further need of your wonderful body." He grabbed her wrist and dragged her, mock protesting, back into the bed.

"But just my body? What of my sharp and enquiring mind? My fabulous intellect?" She grinned and wriggled beneath him, feeling his body pressing against her.

"That, I love in equal measure, but now? Now is time for pleasure. Mine and yours." He winked "but mostly yours...."

The shopping was well and truly ruined.