Chapter 6

Y/N's Perspective

When I got ready for school this morning, I could not get Eddie out of my head. The events of last night played on constant loop in my brain over and over again. The way he had me pushed up against the door, how he looked me at, the deep huskiness of his voice as he tried to whisper, and they way my body lit on fire as he tugged on my Def Leppard crop top.

I wanted to recreate the moment again. I wanted to relive it. All I knew is that I wanted Eddie. My want for him paralleled my need for air. He was slowly becoming the center of my universe and consumed every waking thought of mine.

In a desperate attempt to get his attention and have more moments like that with him, I dressed in my old clothes. I put on a Metallica tee that I cut the sleeves off of and made into a crop top. I dug up my favorite pair of black skinny jeans that was more holes than fabric and put a pair of my fishnets underneath them. I found my old Doc Martin black boots in the back of my closet and tied the outfit together with those.

I stood in front of the mirror for probably way to long looking at myself. I had to smile. I looked like me. I felt like me. I was comfortable and happy.

Of course I have been dressing like a preppy cheerleader for half a year now, so I was met with shock and awe when I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. My mom literally dropped a waffle on the counter when she saw me. Her mouth hung open as she slowly looked me up and down. Ah, the familiar feeling of disappointing my mother. That is one thing I did not miss.

Dustin stops eating his waffle mid bite and just looks at me. "Woah. What happened to you?"

I pick up two waffles from the plate set on the counter and grab my backpack. I am trying to flee the scene before my mom decides to pick her jaw off the kitchen floor and ask questions. "Nothing happened to me. Are you coming Dustin or you want to ride your bike to school?"

I rush out the front door and get in my car. Dustin is close to behind me holding a handful of waffles and his books. He throws his stuff down on the floor and just stares at me. I try to ignore him and quickly pull out of the driveway.

I had to turn up the radio every five minutes when he came up from air from eating his waffles. He insistently asked me about what I am wearing and what happened. I just keep turning up the radio to try and show him that I do not want to answer the question. What was I supposed to tell him anyway? I am dressing this way because I want Eddie to be all over me.

Pulling into the school parking lot was a pretty sobering reminder that I had a boyfriend, a shitty one at that. The big game is tomorrow and the rivalry buzz is starting to get to the students. The cheerleaders are in the parking lot doing the dumb little dance that I sadly know every step to and the basketball players are all hanging around their cars high-fiving like brain dead idiots. Oddly enough, Billy is not amongst the brain dead idiots in the crowd. He is no where to be found and I have to say, I am relieved he is not there.

I park my car and step out. Dustin continues to pester me about my appearance. "So you just decided you were going to dress like yourself again... unprovoked? I don't buy it. You and Billy broke up finally? Please tell me you two broke up!"

I can see the desperation in my little brother's eyes. I can see he hates that I am with Billy. It hurts him just as much as it hurts me, but what am I supposed to do? I am stuck. It is obvious that Billy is the only guy that will love me. Sure it is nice to flirt with Eddie, but I know at the end of the day Eddie doesn't actually like me like that.