Fall In Love With You

I wake up to a throbbing headache. "Ow." I groan quietly as I get out of bed. I didn't see the pills anywhere.

I walk across the hall and lightly knock on Layton's door. It swings open, revealing a shirtless Layton.

My body was shaking. I was in so much pain, or I would stop to stare a little longer. He looks at me, and I see concern all over his face.

"Are you okay?" He says panic laced in his voice .

"No, my head is killing me. It's worse than yesterday." I whine wanting to cry from the pain.

"Come in. I think I left your meds downstairs." He says as he throws a shirt on. "I'll be right back." He leaves the room, and I sit on his bed.

He comes back in and hands me a pill and a glass of water. I swallow the pill and then drink some of the water.

Layton sits next to me, his back leaning against the headboard of the bed. He pulls me into his lap. I lay my head on his chest. One of his arms was around my back and on my waist, the other on my legs. His scent engulfed me, and I quickly fell asleep, forgetting the amount of pain I was in.

I wake up alone in Layton's bed. I roll over, and his scent hits me, making me smile. I get up and head downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen, and Layton is sitting on a stool at the bar with his head down. "Are you okay?" I ask quietly.

He sits up and looks at me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a headache." He says, getting up.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Did you take my pain?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He says as he takes some food from the fridge.

"Why would you do that?" I ask, confused and shocked.

"You needed to rest, and I couldn't see you like that." He says calmly as my heart flutters. "I took some ibuprofen. I'll be fine."

"Thank you." I say quietly.

"Now, how about some breakfast?" He says, smiling.

"Can I help?"

"Yeah, you can sit right there." He says, smiling back at me.

I cross my arms and look at him.

"The doctor said to take it easy for a few days." He pauses, waiting for me to move. "So, sit!" He says in a firm tone.

I do as he says and sit at the bar. I watch his every move as he makes breakfast. He is so handsome. I can't believe he is mine.

"How old are you?" I ask before I could stop myself. He looks up at me. "I mean, you're obviously a bit older since you're the alpha." I say now nervous.

"I'm 23." He watches for my reaction, but I don't have one.

"Four years isn't bad. I'll be 20 soon anyways." I say quietly, looking at him. "Are you okay with it?"

"I am." He says, as he finishes up breakfast.

He sits a plate of waffles, strawberries, and whipcream in front of me.

"Thank you!" I say excitedly.

He laughs, making my stomach flutter. I think that is gonna be my new favorite sound. "No, problem."

"Any more questions?" He says, looking at me as he sits next to me with a plate
in front of him.

"How long have you been, alpha?" I ask, taking a bite of my food.

"I took over on my 21st birthday. So, two years." He says, looking down at his food.

It grew quiet between us, but it wasn't awkward at all. It was comfortable silence.

"How long were you a rogue?" He asks, looking at me.

"Um... two months." I say reluctantly.

"What happened?" He says in a concerned voice.

I don't say anything. I just stare down at my food.

"I ranaway. I don't really want to talk about it." I say still not looking at him.

"You don't have to trust me, Julie. We might be mates, but that doesn't mean we aren't strangers." He says as he stands up, putting his dish in the sink.

He is so sweet and understanding. He is too good to be true.

"I have to go for a few hours. Is there anything you need before I go?" He says, looking at me.

"Um...no. I'm fine." I say, giving him a small smile.

"If you need me, my office number and cellphone number are on the fridge. You can use the landline to call me." He says as he walks out of the kitchen and out the front door.

I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen a little bit before looking around the house. It was a big house. Six bedrooms and four bathrooms.

I stop at the door of the room at the end of the hall. I could smell Layton's scent before even opening the door. I opened the door, and it was a small office. His scent hits me, and I smile to myself. My wolf whines in satisfaction.

I look around and then head back out. Opening another door. It was a library. I loved reading. I look through the books and find one I might like. I take it downstairs and sit on the couch to start reading it.

(Play Song)
I hear the front door open, and I look at the time it was already 6 o'clock. I start to panic because I didn't even realize how late it was, and I didn't make dinner.

"What do you want for dinner?" He asks, sitting his keys down and taking his jacket off.

"I um...I didn't realize how late it was. I didn't cook." I say reluctantly, expecting him to blow up and be angry.

"That's fine. I didn't expect you to cook anyway. How's your head?" He asks, looking at my bandage. I was taken back and shocked at how he reacted. He didn't even raise his voice. He was more worried about me.

"It's fine. It hasn't really hurt. How about yours?" I say smiling as he looks at me.

"It's fine." He says. "So, dinner? What do you want? Pizza? Chinese? Italian?" He asks, pulling out to go menus.

"Chineese sounds good!" I say watchubg him look through the menus.

"Chinses it is!" He says, holding up a menu. " Want to call them while I take a quick shower?"

"Sure." I say, grabbing the phone and calling the number.

I call and place an order.

He comes downstairs in a T-shirt and some wind pants. His hair wet, and hanging in his face, covering his eyes. He looked so cute, but I like seeing his eyes.

"What?" He asks, looking at me.

"Nothing." I say, embarrassed that he caught me staring. He comes closer to me as I blush. He wraps his arms around my waist. It felt so natural, like he had done it a thousand times before.

"What is it?" He says.

"I like seeing your eyes." I say as I move his wet hair from his face. His bright blue eyes, staring back at me. I see a scar above his eye that his hair covers.

I feel his body tense, and he looks away from me as if he was ashamed. I make him look at me.

"Much better. I can see your eyes now." I say, smiling up at him.

He smiles, his eyes flick down to my lips, and then back up to my eyes. He kisses me. It felt like the world was spinning. It was so sweet and gentle. We pulled away, and I looked up at him with a grin on my face, and I couldn't feel myself blushing.

"We need to go get the food." I say, pulling away from him and grabbing his hand. He grabs his keys, and we walk out to his truck.

He opens the door for me and helps me in. Then he gets in. We drive hand in hand to the restraint. He gets the food, and then we head back to the house. We eat and watch a movie on the couch. I know I just met him, but I already feel this connection with him. Our mate bond is growing. As we watch the movie, I lay over on him. He places his arm around me, his hand lands on my waist. I smile to myself as I feel his warm body against mine. I loved this feeling. For the first time, I feel safe.