It's You

**Layton's POV**
I shift back into my human form and open the door. Julie's scent overtakes me. I see her lying on the bed. She has been beaten and has no clothes on, but I could see her baby bump, which makes me smile. I wrap my jacket around her, covering her up.

I get her home and in our bed. I got Dr. Johnson to come to the house and check her out. He said her and the baby were both fine. Her body was just exhausted mentally and physically. She has been asleep for a few hours, and I haven't left her side wanting to be here when she wakes up.

**Julie's POV**
I feel someone enter the room. Layton's scent overtakes me as something is laid over my body. I smile to myself and open my eyes.

I don't say anything as tears fall down my face, wanting this dream to last forever. I feel him stroke my face and lift me out of the bed. He carries me out and puts me into his truck. He gets in and places a hand on mine that rests on my leg as darkness overtakes me again, the dream coming to an end.

I jerk awake in a dark room. I smelt Layton as tears filled my eyes, realizing it wasn't a dream.

"Layton." I call out my throat, feeling dry.

"I'm right here." I hear as I see our light flicks on. I look over and see him standing from the chair in the corner of our room. Tears fall down my face as he sits next to me. He lays a hand on my face, and I put my hand over his.

"I thought it was a dream." I say sobbing.

"No, baby. You're safe. I'm here." He says, stroking my face and holding me.

"I'm sorry, Layton." I say sobbing. "I'm so sorry." I repeat as tears flow down my face.

"You have nothing to apologize for." He says, stroking my face.

"I didn't want to...to do that you...but...but I couldn't...fight him off." I say between sobs. "I'm sorry."

"I know, baby. This wasn't your fault. You didn't do this." He says, calming me down, then I remember the baby.

"The baby?" I ask. "Is it okay?" I was terrified for his reply after everything my body endured.

"The baby's fine, and so are you." He says, taking my hand into his. "Do you need anything?" He asks.

"Yes." I pause. "Hold me." I say quietly.

He lays next to me, pulling me to him. I could hear his heart beating, and his scent overtook me as I fell back asleep.

For the third night in a row, I wake up screaming from a nightmare.

"Baby, look at me." I hear Layton say as he grabs my face, making me look at him. His blue eyes searching mine. "You're okay. I'm here. You're okay." He says. "Breathe."

I do as he says, taking a deep breath calming down.

"I'm gonna grab a shower." I tell him tears in my eyes.

He shakes his head. "Okay."

Things have been weird between us. We obviously both still love each other, but knowing I've been with another man has been bothering me, and I can't get past it. We haven't kissed or done anything since I've been home. Layton has been very patient with me, and I can't thank him enough.

I get out of bed and into the shower. Tears flow down my face as I try to scrub the skin off of my body, trying to erase his touch off of my body and out of my mind.

The shower door opens, and Layton steps into the shower with his wind pants and t shirt still on. He grabs my hand to stop the scrubbing, and I begin to sob. He pulls me to him, wrapping his arms around me as I cry into his chest, my arms wrapped around him as well.

**Layton's POV**
Julie has been struggling over the past few days. I've been trying to be patient with her, but all I want to do is hold her and kiss her. But she flinches at my touch. It hurts, but I have to remember what they've done to her.

She woke up from a nightmare and got in the shower. I could hear her sobs over the shower. It hurts me to see her like this. It feels like a knife in my heart when she cries.

I got in the shower with her, and she was trying to rub her skin off. I make her stop pulling her to me as she sobs into my chest. It killed me to hear her cry like that. I wanted to take away all of her pain in that moment so she didn't have to feel a thing. I wish I could somehow make her forget what has happened.

I pull away from her a little and wipe the tears from her eyes. She looks me in the eyes, and I see a glimpse of my Julie. A spark lights me up, and I capture her lips with mine in a passionate kiss, moving her hair from her face. It got heated pretty fast. She pushed me away with fear in her eyes. And it hurt to see her like that. It hurt that she was scared to be with me. But I was more angry at people who made her this way than hurt.

**Julie's POV**
Standing in the shower, looking at Layton made me realize how much I miss him. How much I miss the way it used to be.

He pushes some hair from my face and kisses me. It was so passionate that it made time stop, and I forgot about everything. All I could focus on was the passion and love felt in that moment flowing through my body. All I could think about was Layton's body pressed against mine. All I could think about was how much I wanted this and how much I wanted him to know that I was okay as long as I had him.

As we kissed, I pulled up his shirt, and he pulled away.

"Are you sure?" He asks me with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm sure." I pause. "I need this."

He pulls his shirt off and kisses me again. I slide his pants and underwear off as he continues to kiss me. He drops down to my neck, and he kisses me as I moan.

His hands explore my body and land on my waist as he enters me. My breath hitches. I pushed him away before I could even register that I did it.

I could see it hurt him and tears welled in my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." I cover my mouth as I start to cry. Neither of us said anything he just held me telling me it was okay.

We get out of the shower and dry off, putting some fresh clothes on. We sit on the bed.

"You should reject me, Layton. I can't keep doing this to you. It's hurting our relationship, and I can't keep seeing that look in your eye." I say with tears welling in my eyes.

He sits next to me. He slowly takes my hand into his.

"What were our vows?" He asks, searching my eyes for an answer. "We said we accepted each other through what?"

The tears slid down my face, knowing where he was going with this.

"Any circumstances, rights?" He asks.

I shake my head, yes, wiping my eyes.

Tears are now in his eyes as he continues to talk. "So no. I won't reject you, Julie. You are the love of my life, and I won't break my vow to you no matter what happens to us or what we have to go through. I will always fight for us." Tears are now sliding his face as well. "I can't lose you." He says, laying his forehead on mine. "Not again."

He pulls away. "That was a good start. We just have to take baby steps." He says, smiling as he wipes the tears from my eyes. "We will get through this." He pauses taking a deep breath. "I promise."

"Thank you, Layton. For everything. You are too good to me." I say.

"I'm husband I'm supposed to be." He smiles as I let out a small laugh.

"There's my Julie." He says, stroking my face. I smile.