29. THE LETTER TO A LIGHT SUPPER

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: THE LETTER TO A LIGT SUPPER

---

Emma and Five still had their foot pressing against Lila's throat causing her to let out a loudly grunt while gasping. 

"You two got a good nose" The Handler said "You know, planting her in psych ward" Five said as he glanced at her before looking back at Lila "Taking advantage of our simpleton brother, that was smart" Emma said.

"Well, the apple don't fall far from the tree" The Handler said and the couple to turn to her, furrowing their brows as they tilted their heads while Lila was choking softly.

"She's your---" "Daughter" The Handler said as Emma and Five pointed on Lila "Yes. And she's my only one, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush her windpipe" The Handler said as Lila was gasping while grunting.

The couple glanced at each other and they sent each other a nod.

Emma and Five press their foot more against Lila's throat before removing it and Lila gasped for air before she started panting as she got to her feet.

When she had catch her breath again, she took a step closer to the couple  "I am so going to enjoy killing you two someday" she said "Like you could get the chance" Emma said while the couple stared calmly at her.

"Lila, darling, would you give us a minute, please?" The Handler asked "Yes, the grown-ups need to talk" Five said with a fake smile and Lila turned to The Handler who nodded.

Lila rolled her eyes before she walked to the other end of the room, pushing something off a table causing it to fall to the floor with a loud clatter before she sat down by a table.

"What is it you want?" Emma asked as she and Five was standing next to each other.

"Do you two like jazz?" The Handler asked "I'd rather lick a cheese grater" Five answered "Aww" The Handler said as she smiled at him before she started walking around the couple.

"Jazz is like a beautiful woman" The Handler said as she walked towards one of the tables behind the two causing them both to turn around "Complex, emotional, hard to please. She doesn't just give it to you...she makes you work for it" she said as she walked around the table.

"Okay, so it's basically my wife Em" Five said "Thanks Honey" Emma said sarcastically "You're welcome Love" Five said as they glance at each other before they looked back at The Handler.

"I'm really hoping that you're going somewhere with this" he said as he glanced at The Handler.

"Under my leadership, The Commission would sound more like..." The Handler said as she put her arms out while she took a step towards him "...Jazz" she whispered before she started mimics soft jazz rhythm while tapping her foot on the floor.

"And what about the board of directors?" Emma asked as Five tilted his head "Well, that's where you two come in" The Handler said and poked Five's nose before stepping back "Nope. No, it isn't" the couple said calm while shaking their heads.