31. THE KILLER COUPLE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: THE KILLER COUPLE

---

Emma and Five had travel to 1982 to carry out their mission.

Five was walking next to Emma as she was looking down on the paper that The Handler has giving the two, like she thought that staring at the address was going to change anything.

"This is the right place" Emma said and before she glanced up while giving the paper back to Five who put it in his pocket.

The sound of people chattering was heard as they walked past a line of parked cars and a man in a the driver seat of one of the cars, opened the door causing Five to move a bit so he didn't get hit.

They entered the lodge behind they both looked around while Five fixed his blazer before he took a deep breath.

"I have a feeling that she is playing with us" Emma said "This is only choice we have. We are doing this to save our siblings and the world, to get a chance out of here and back to 2019" he said and she took a deep breath "You okay?" he asked "Yeah, I'm fine, let's just get this over with" Emma said before the two turned left and approached a blonde woman that was standing by a table, writing something down on a black board in white letters.

The couple leaned down trying to get the woman's attention "Excuse me" Five said causing the woman to jumped back slightly "Uff da" the woman said, looking at the couple "You two snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies we don't put 'em out till 3:00" she said "We can hardly wait" the couple said in a ionic and emotionlessly way.

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?" Emma asked as Five looked looked around the room while messing with his hands "Sure do. Muskellunge Banquest Room" the woman said as she pointed to a door that lead to a hallway making the two to look in that direction "You two looking for your mom? She's in for the convention?" the woman asked "We are not related" Five said as he gabbed his wife's hand, making sure that she didn't punch the woman for thinking that the two were siblings. 

While looking at a vending machine that was standing in the hallway, Five reach his hand into his pocket "Hey, could I get some change?" he asked as he pulled out some money from his blazer pocket before he handed them to the woman.

"Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse" the woman said as she took the money before she unzipped her fanny pack that was wrapped around her waist.

She put the money in it before she started riffling through the coins while counting them.

Emma and him exhales sharply as he fixed his blazer's collar. "Only a nickel and a couple of dimes" the woman said as she kept searching "Oh!" she said as she grabbed a coin "You...are...in...luck, mister" she said before she put the coins in Five's palm who closed his hand before he chuckled softly as he moved his hand.