Chapter 8

[Y/n's pov];

"Mommy?"Taehyung repeated as I looked back at him. He had a confused look on his face as he lifted an eyebrow at me.

"Why is this child", he paused as he took a look at Ara's direction and continued, "calling you mommy?", he finished and again glanced back at me.

Ara stood beside me and grabbed my hand, making me take a look at her.

"This is none of your business' ', I replied and quickly grabbed Ara's hand and turned around to take my leave.

"Stop", he said, and for some reason, i froze down in my place.

My grip around Ara's hand tightened as I turned around to face him again. "What do you want?", I asked without wasting any minute further. "That child", he replied instantly, and my heart almost stopped.

My child...?

"Why is that child addressing you as her mother?", he continued and it felt like my heart finally was at ease. He still doesn't know. I remember texting him that I was pregnant that night. The day before I left this country and he still is clueless about his own child.

Looks like he didn't even bother to check my texts..

A slight bitter smile formed on my lips as my eyes looked down at the ground beneath me. And if this is the case, you do not deserve to know about it now. You do not deserve to know anything about her now...you have no right. I finally glanced up at him.

"Mommy...?", Ara called out to me as I looked at her. Her eyes were fixed on Taehyung as she raised a question, "Who is this uncle?", she asked. It felt like time stopped and my words got caught in my throat.

For the first time, my child was meeting her dad...the person she cries for, the person she wants in her life but what a helpless mother I am..I can't even tell her the truth.

Tears started welling up in my eyes as I quickly looked away from her and wiped them off.

"He is Mommy's friend", I looked back at her and faked a smile. She stared at me for a while and then looked back at him, her face radiating happiness as she looked at him.

"Uncle-", she was about to say something but I immediately crouched down to her hand and held both of her tiny hands making her look in my direction.

"Ara baby", I said, and she nodded her head. "I need to talk to your uncle, so how about you go over there and wait for me?"I asked, pointing at a bench at a distance. "Okay, Mommy", she smiled and ran in that direction.

The moment I saw her taking her seat on the bench I quickly looked behind to face Taehyung.

My eyes turned colder as I raised a question, "What do you want? Can't you just leave me alone?", I asked in the rudest way possible but then noticed he was not paying attention to me at all. I followed his gaze just to find him still gazing at Ara.

Why is he looking at her...? What is going on inside his head?

I could feel my heart pounding inside my chest and he finally spoke up, "Is that your daughter?", he asked and finally looked back at me.

[End of pov]

[Taehyung's pov]:

I couldn't take my eyes off that little girl. It feels like I have some sort of special connection with her. That smile on her face...I don't know why but I want to protect...that smile and her. But why is she addressing y/n as her mother? Looking at her it seems like she is 4 or 5 years old.