Marathon

Rory's POV-

I was sitting in my classroom, watching my students. It was recess, but it was pouring rain so that meant that recess was inside that day.

"Mrs. Huntzberger, can you open this please?" Hannah asked and handed me her snack. I took the snack and opened it for her. "How old are you?"

"37" I told her.

"Are you married?" She asked. It was always funny to me when my students asked me questions about myself. I didn't remember ever carrying that much about my teachers lives when I was a kid.

"Yes"

"Do you have kids"

"I do"

"How many? And how old are they? And are they boys or girls?"

"I have one daughter who's 5, and I have 2 daughters who are still babies"

"What's your favorite color?"

"Blue"

"Ok. Bye"

That was probably one of the most confusing interactions I'd had with a student. At the end of the day I got Tori and we went home. Logan was making dinner and he had Willow with him and I was in the playroom with Tori and Aria. We were just hanging out. I put monsters Inc on the tv but Tori wasn't really watching it at anymore at that point.

"Mommy, is that Willow or Ari?" Tori asked. At some point she started shortening Aria to Ari, and after a while Logan and I found ourselves doing it too.

"This is Ari" I told her

"Wait mommy, fast backwards" Tori said

I had no idea what that meant. "What?"

"The movie. Fast backwards"

I laughed a little. "Do you mean rewind?"

"Yeah. Rewind, I wanna see the doors moving"

A little while later we all sat down to eat dinner. It was really nice because now that the twins were eating real food, we could all have dinner together.

"Are you running tonight?" I asked. Logan was training to run the New York City marathon which was just 2 weeks away. He and Finn had been training for a few months already, but I honestly have no idea what made them decide to do it.

"Yeah, after the kids go to sleep" Logan said

"When are we watching daddy run?" Tori asked. The plan was that if the weather was good, I'd take the girls to watch the marathon and hopefully see Logan a few times. If it was too cold or raining then  I would go myself and Elise would watch the kids. 

"In 2 weeks" Logan said

"Are you ready for this?" I asked

"I really, really hope so"

——

Logan's POV-

I walked into the house after my run, Rory was sitting on the couch, reading a book. "How was it?"

"I kicked Finn's ass" I said as I leaned down to kiss her

"How do you kick someone's ass at running?"

"Run faster"

She just smiled and shook her head.

"I'm gonna go shower" I told her

"Please do" she said. "I love you, but you just ran 20 miles and you smell like it"

I chuckled. "I'll see you in a few minutes"