💚 It's Okay 💚

A/n: here's one with some more non verbal Mikey because a lot of people felt represented last time I did that (including myself) and I'm so glad y'all liked that! Here's another :)

Tw: character gets overstimulated and panics

Ring ring.

Ray picked up his phone, answering it only to be met with a sobbing Mikey. Mikey was barely audible over the loud music in the background. Mikey had gone to a party at his friend Gabe's house, but it was becoming way too much for him. Too many voices speaking at once, too loud music, too many lasers, lights, fog machines. The room was also getting super hot from all the people there. Mikey had to run into the bathroom to get the closest thing he could to peace. It still wasn't enough.

"R-ray, can you hear me?" The troubled boy struggled to ask.

"Yeah, what's wrong sweetheart? Is everything okay?" Ray asked, keeping his voice gentle and soothing.

"J-just come get me, p-please..." Mikey begged. Ray was washed over with extreme guilt knowing he couldn't.

"Baby, I am so so sorry, but I can't right now... I can't leave the house when I have stuff in the oven..." he explained, frowning as Mikey's cries became much louder and clearer through the phone.

"Please Ray please!!!"

"Honey, I would...hey, I'll send Gerard to come get you, stay where you are, and everything will be okay." Ray reassured in hopes of calming down.

"O-okay...please get him to hurry...." Mikey said.

"Will do." Said Ray before he hung up. He sighed to himself, feeling like he was a terrible person for not being able to help Mikey. He dialed Gerard and waited for him to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Gerard? Is that you?"

"Oh hey Ray! How's it going, man?" Gerard asked with a cheerful tone.

"Not good. Mikey went to Gabe's party and he's panicking and he's overwhelmed. Can you please go get him and bring him back here? I would, but I have a cake in the oven...."

"Oh shit... I'm on my way. We'll be there shortly." Gerard said before hanging up.

Gerard grabbed a few things for Mikey to use in the car. Gersrd got the classic "shut-the-fuck-up"s, his favorite noise-cancelling headphones. He was okay with Mikey using them. He also grabbed a stuffed bear for Mikey, as he knew his younger brother liked the texture of them and it usually relaxed him upon touching one. Finally, he grabbed a bottle of water for Mikey to drink and he headed out.

Meanwhile, Ray was getting to work on setting up a nice, calming environment for Mikey to come home to. He went to the bathroom, listening out for the oven alarm in case it went off. He prepared a nice hot bath, dimmed the lights a little bit and placed candles around the tub, just how Mikey liked it. He put a few salts in there as well and left the room, hoping the water wouldn't get too cold.

Then, Ray headed to mikey's room, grabbing mikey's favorite pajamas. They were just a simple matching set of Star wars pajamas, nice and cozy. He made up Mikey's bed, getting him a weighted blanket and placing stuffed animals in the bed as well. He went ahead and set up a Disney movie for them to watch, since Disney was usually easy on the eyes and ears and wouldn't be likely to cause any more stress on Mikey. He once again dimmed the lights in the room, but turned on all of mikey's fairy lights which dangled from his walls.

Ding!

The oven went off and ray rushed to the kitchen, taking the cake out and turning the oven off, he let the cake cool down before lazily throwing some icing on it and calling that good enough. He sat on the couch, waiting for Mikey to return.

Gerard already had Mikey in the car, trying his best to soothe him. Mikey was still crying, wearing the headphones and petting the bear. Every few minutes, he would stop and put the bear down in order to get a sip of water. Gerard drove as fast as he could without exceeding the speed limit. He wanted his baby brother back to his safe cavern as soon as possible.

The two eventually arrived and Mikey looked at Gerard. He wanted to thank his big brother so badly but he couldn't, he had gone non verbal shortly before Gerard had come to pick him up. Gerard understood, taking the look of relief on mikey's face as a thanks. Mikey tried to hand the items back over to Gerard but he insisted on letting him keep them a bit longer.

"Go ahead buddy, you can bring this all back later, okay?"

Mikey nodded and waved goodbye as Gerard left. He knocked on the door and waited for it to be answered.

Ray opened the door and frowned seeing Mikey look so distressed.

"Oh, baby.... you poor thing, come on, come inside, love...." said Ray. He began wrapping his arms around Mikey before stopping, not wanting to break any boundaries.

"Is it okay if I hug you?"

Mikey didn't respond.

Ray decided not to push it. He also took this as a hint to Mikey being non verbal. The two had been together for so long, Ray just kinda knew these things.

"That's okay honey, I won't do anything you don't want me to." Ray said with a soft smile. "Hey, can you follow me?" Ray asked softly, Mikey nodded and allowed Ray to lead him to the bathroom.

Mikey instantly smiled upon seeing the special bath. He looked towards Ray and extended his smile a bit.

"Go ahead and get in, sweetheart. You can stay here as long as you'd like." Ray said before leaving the room.

Mikey removed all of his clothes and got in, instantly feeling much more relaxed, he felt all warm both inside and outside. The water was like a nice, warm blanket of comfort for him. Mikey closed his eyes, just enjoying the moment. He got out a while later, draining the water and blowing out the candles. He put on a robe and went to his room where his pajamas were already laid out for him. He smiled at Ray again as a thanks.

"Here, I'll leave so you can put these on." Ray spoke softly before leaving the room. Mikey changed clothes and then left the room as well to look for Ray.

Mikey spotted Ray and tugged at his arm.

"Oh! You need something, darling?"

Mikey nodded and dragged Ray to his bed with him, wanting to cuddle. Ray chuckled to himself.

"Hold on honey, your hair is still wet...I'll dry it." He said with a smile. He went into the bathroom and grabbed the hairdryer, going back to mikey's bedroom and plugging it in. Ray was worried the dryer would frighten Mikey because of the noise, so he opened the drawer of the nightstand and grabbed some earplugs for Mikey.

Mikey happily accepted them, putting them in as Ray dried his hair. After Ray was done, he decided he was too lazy to put the dryer back in the proper place, so he just unplugged it and set it on the nightstand.

"Oh, Mikey, I made a strawberry cake earlier...do you want some?"

Mikey shook his head.

"No, just cuddles..." he mumbled, becoming semi verbal. Ray grinned and happily obeyed, wrapping his arms around Mikey and turning the movie on. Mikey laid his head on Ray's chest, matching his breathing to Ray's. Mikey looked up at Ray with a tiny smile, mumbling a small "thank you, dear..." before closing his eyes.

Ray smiled upon the sight of the slumbering boy and gently ran his fingers through his hair.

"Anytime sweetie, it's okay."